UVB and LED lighting

muskiemagic

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
You're gonna like it. Not mandatory, but get the power link cable if you can.. and then you can power one from the other and not have to plug so many things into outlet or power strip.

BTW I have extra link cables if you are anyone needs it. Just message me. I just retrofitted my ThermalZooPro fixture to LumenIZE ,but the link cables did not physically fit so I can't use them and not worth shipping back for a refund. I have both the T5 to T5 and the T5 to LED one.
I just visited the website that you linked for Tomaskas. Very informative ! I have a 4x2x2 PVC enclosure and I may be now changing my whole setup lol. As for the link cables how much would you want for the T5 to LED link ? And they are the Lumenize link cables correct ? The few places I've looked online for them are sold out.

muskiemagic

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
Absolutely. It's much nicer when the lights gently come on than just BAM full blast. I think that's really the selling point and reason to upgrade to LumenIZE. You can also stagger your lights to come on at different times with separate timers too but its a bit more cumbersome and not as smooth. On my project I'm setting up now, I plan to have basking lights on for 15min than have the lumenize 24" uvb ramp up for 30min to 100%, but I'll let the Jungle Dawn led ramp up to 100% a bit less aggressively over a 3 hour period... you can customize to your hearts content. 😀

I still recommend setting up proper distances to the bulb you are using for a 100% output as much as possible. if you can verify with solarmeter best, but can estimate from charts available too. Why? well just incase it accidentally got set to 100% you don't overexpose your animal but also they like bright light so why limit max brightness? Better to switch to a lower % uv bulb if uv too I just got all my lumenize stuff and ready to program. Planning on using the time schedule you mentioned in this comment
Absolutely. It's much nicer when the lights gently come on than just BAM full blast. I think that's really the selling point and reason to upgrade to LumenIZE. You can also stagger your lights to come on at different times with separate timers too but its a bit more cumbersome and not as smooth. On my project I'm setting up now, I plan to have basking lights on for 15min than have the lumenize 24" uvb ramp up for 30min to 100%, but I'll let the Jungle Dawn led ramp up to 100% a bit less aggressively over a 3 hour period... you can customize to your hearts content. 😀

I still recommend setting up proper distances to the bulb you are using for a 100% output as much as possible. if you can verify with solarmeter best, but can estimate from charts available too. Why? well just incase it accidentally got set to 100% you don't overexpose your animal but also they like bright light so why limit max brightness? Better to switch to a lower % uv bulb if uv too high.
Finally just got my lumenize uvb and led lights and getting ready to program them. I plan on starting with the time schedules you mentioned in your comment. Just wondering how that's working for you? I'm thinking of uvb coming on at 8am with 30 min ramp up to 100% by 8:30am and ramp down starting at 7:30pm pm to 0% at 8pm. LED start time at 8am with 3 hour ramp up to 100% by 11am and ramp down starting at 5pm to 0% at 8pm. Equates to 11 hours full uvb exposure and 6 hours full LED exposure

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Awesome. They just updated the app and it's even easier to use now..

Here is a spreadsheet that I keep for my current schedule if you find helpful. It has a bunch of other stuff too that I reference.

Attachments

• Baby J Lighting.PDF
    339.8 KB · Views: 29

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom