Bearded dragon ingesting small amounts of watered soap.

Beardie name(s)
Revali (nickname Ravioli).
We've had ants so my dad sprayed some watered soap around the house, including in the box for my beardie's worms since my parents told me there were ants in it. My mom forgot to tell me in the morning and my dad forgot to tell me when I was feeding them to him.
Is there something I can do to help him? The soap he used was Dawn soap, and I know that's not safe for them. How concerned should I be?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We've had ants so my dad sprayed some watered soap around the house, including in the box for my beardie's worms since my parents told me there were ants in it. My mom forgot to tell me in the morning and my dad forgot to tell me when I was feeding them to him.
Is there something I can do to help him? The soap he used was Dawn soap, and I know that's not safe for them. How concerned should I be?
Watch for a black beard-- any type of head shaking that would be him going to throw up -- what is he doing now --
@Claudiusx

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was also thinking of feeding him water in case that could help? This all happened about 4 hours ago.
He should be ok then --- just watch his behavior --- they are pretty hardy animals --- I would throw out the worms and get new---- are you feeding a staple feeder like dubia roaches ? crickets ? BSFL ? or silk worms? what about salads?

RavioliFormuoli.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He should be ok then --- just watch his behavior --- they are pretty hardy animals --- I would throw out the worms and get new---- are you feeding a staple feeder like dubia roaches ? crickets ? BSFL ? or silk worms? what about salads?
Yes we're watching him. We plan to throw out the worms. And no, we've mostly known mealworms and superworms to be a staple food. We've tried dubia roaches but my parents don't want them around. We fed him crickets when he was a baby. Never tried BSFL, not sure if it's available at our local reptile store, not sure about silk worms either for the same reason. I've made him salads before, they're usually simple ones with his greens mixed with something else like carrot, apple, or bell pepper.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes we're watching him. We plan to throw out the worms. And no, we've mostly known mealworms and superworms to be a staple food. We've tried dubia roaches but my parents don't want them around. We fed him crickets when he was a baby. Never tried BSFL, not sure if it's available at our local reptile store, not sure about silk worms either for the same reason. I've made him salads before, they're usually simple ones with his greens mixed with something else like carrot, apple, or bell pepper.
Please get him on a staple feeder --- your feeding him treat worms -- he needs a feeder like dubias which are the most economical and better feeder - easy to keep in a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and dubia dew for hydration www.dubiaroaches.com - and what you feed your dragon like squash raw shredded sweet potato I will post a nutrition website for the dragon --- come winter you may have a hard time getting feeders at the pet store - and your paying alot of money for those -- ordering on line is cheaper - also dubias are not escape artist like crickets and those stink - and chirp-- BSFL are small larvae and a good staple for babies - you will need to feed a lot of those as they are small www.symtonbsf.com - you would need a bowl like this to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
silk worms are a little spendy but a good staple --- www.reptilianarts.com -- ordering 50 or more you will need to get food to feed -
Nutrition Content
Ignore the kale info it is outdated--

jabda

Hatchling Member
Betterthancrickets.com Best quality & price for dubia roaches... small shipping fee @ $4.00
Good service if something goes wrong with delivery, quick fix and no hassle.

RavioliFormuoli.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Please get him on a staple feeder --- your feeding him treat worms -- he needs a feeder like dubias which are the most economical and better feeder - easy to keep in a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and dubia dew for hydration www.dubiaroaches.com - and what you feed your dragon like squash raw shredded sweet potato I will post a nutrition website for the dragon --- come winter you may have a hard time getting feeders at the pet store - and your paying alot of money for those -- ordering on line is cheaper - also dubias are not escape artist like crickets and those stink - and chirp-- BSFL are small larvae and a good staple for babies - you will need to feed a lot of those as they are small www.symtonbsf.com - you would need a bowl like this to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
silk worms are a little spendy but a good staple --- www.reptilianarts.com -- ordering 50 or more you will need to get food to feed -
Nutrition Content
Ignore the kale info it is outdated--
I've been thinking about this since you messaged. I'll consider it because I found that dubia roaches have a better phosphorus to calcium ratio than mealworms. Unfortunately I've gotten more busy than to handle raising dubia roaches so I might decide to only try and buy them sometimes locally. Luckily he's getting older and I'm already focused on giving him more of a variety in veggies. Thank you for your time and care to answer my original post thoughtfully, me and my family were worried, and he still seems to be doing just fine.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom