A Simple Water Dish

Shard

Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Ah, the humble peanut butter jar...
1707483562766.jpg

...you might see where this is going 😂

My roaches' hydration pad had gotten filthy so I thought hey, what if I just found a shallow container, put some paper towels in it, and dampened them? That way any time I need to clean it I could just replace the paper towels instead of the whole pad?
1707483702368.jpg

So that's what I did!
1707483737679.jpg

It's a bit of an experiment since only time will tell how long it stays damp and if the smaller roaches can use it, or if I need more paper towels to fill it more, but we'll just have to wait & see!

As for the jar I'm cleaning it out too (make sure to use dish soap that can cut through grease! peanut oil is a menace), not sure what I'll use it for but it's a nice sized jar and could easily be used for storing something like loose colored pencils (my family gets the giant jars lol)

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Over a day later and it's still damp! Decided to add a couple extra layers for longevity. This might be looking to be a viable option!!

1707591668952.jpg

There's still the question on the little guys though, maybe I could place a paper towel "ramp" in there to wick some of the moisture? 🤔

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
A week later and it was still damp, but needed a refill. I saw 2 lil guys in there so they can get in just fine! No deaths either. Looks like I'll be using this going forward!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom