Dark teeth? Mouth rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
82873-2675457108.jpg

This is a photo of my 7 year old female beardies teeth. I noticed the other day that they were very darkly colored. Her tops ones are the same, if not a little darker. Do I need to see a vet about this? Does it look like mouth rot?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks O.K.....the thing you want to watch for is if her gums get red/inflamed and sometimes a cheesy pus like substance as well as a reluctance to eat. But that bit of black should not bother her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that doesn't look like mouth rot to me either. I wouldn't worry about the darkness too much. If you want to try cleaning her teeth/gums, you could apply a little bit of MaxiGuard gel via q-tip which would help clean her mouth similarly to brushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom