Coccidia /Albon not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
hill202":3t4iysxg said:
I have been doing fecals everyday. Yesterday's fecal looked like the coccidia was better. Today it is wall to wall again. I guess it can change that fast. We already established that I'm not a biologist but I think because she has had so much Albon, it has grown resistant to it.

I'm done with vet Kingofnobby, I can hear your next post. :lol:

After your experience with your local vets , .... I'd be telling them to F off too. (They have been treating you and Bella as a nice little income stream while being totally incompetent.)

Good vibes are being sent in Bella's direction .... hope the new meds start to make an impact soon.

One thing .... probably pointless checking the poos each time , it's likely to take weeks to really see any difference purely because her load is so big and as a consequence of the length of the coccidia life cycle (about a month).

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is also getting one unit of Calcium Gluconate daily for 3 weeks. This was from the Vet.

Thanks for the good vibes Kingofnobby.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
On the lighter side;

I walked by my wife last night as she was cooking supper and I said that I was not very hungry and I hoped that I did not have coccidua.

With a straight face she turned and said " if you do, at least you have a microscope".

I almost died.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, look at where your daily conversations with your spouse have gone. :lol: Next it'll be....." Honey have you done your fecal test this week ? Don't forget your probiotic. I packed your steamer in your briefcase ."

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL, she said that I have been bragging about doing Bella's fecals, so go ahead and do my own while I'm at it. :shock:

I left the room.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
hill202":1b8pqxxs said:
She is also getting one unit of Calcium Gluconate daily for 3 weeks. This was from the Vet.

Thanks for the good vibes Kingofnobby.

If the liquid calcium is as nice as the stuff I've given to sick / injured rescued skinks , she''ll love the stuff and want to lick the dregs off your fingers....
I'd keep up with the liquid calcium at least til she's 2 yrs old , only really sure way of getting the right amount of calcium into her , dusting and gutloading is very hit and miss in that regard no matter how well you do it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
hill202":lwpd3esf said:
LOL, she said that I have been bragging about doing Bella's fecals, so go ahead and do my own while I'm at it. :shock:

I left the room.

Might not be such a dumb idea ?

.... might as well do her's as well as your own.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She had her first dose of Baycox 24hrs ago. This morning I really was not expecting much but she seems to have more energy.

I started dropping butter worms and hornworms in front of her and she would barely look at them.

I dropped a wax worm on the other side of her enclosure and she ran over and ate it and then ate 7 more.

I read that they will get hooked on wax worms and will not eat anything else. How big of an issue is this? Do wax worms offer any nutritional value at all?

I read that they have a high fat content. That might be a good thing at this point.

I think this is good news.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Her willing to eat on her own is good news, indeed
It's unfortunate it's waxworms, however :lol:

Waxworms are basically like us eating a snickers bar. They're all fat, some moisture, but offer little nutrition other than getting some weight on them. They can get addicted and refuse everything else. My male does this with supers, his favorite food. He will refuse dubias now, even still, and hold out for supers.

Waxworms are generally offered as like 1 or 2 as a treat each week

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":3q2vluw5 said:
Her willing to eat on her own is good news, indeed
It's unfortunate it's waxworms, however :lol:

Waxworms are basically like us eating a snickers bar. They're all fat, some moisture, but offer little nutrition other than getting some weight on them. They can get addicted and refuse everything else. My male does this with supers, his favorite food. He will refuse dubias now, even still, and hold out for supers.

Waxworms are generally offered as like 1 or 2 as a treat each week

Great. I received the supplements today. Have you had any experience with Repta boost?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
89300-9977944530.jpg

Sure do.
I fed Richter, my big male, on this stuff as a baby as he would not eat for a week and a half after I brought him home. I bought a separate curve tip syringe since he was so tiny at the time.

I also fed this to my girl, Simon, as she stopped eating on her own for 2 months prior to passing away from kidney cancer

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just gave a dose of it. I like the way "high amp boost" sounds. She really does seem to feel better today.

I played around with Albon for a long time and never saw much improvement. She is 2 doses in with Baycox and has eaten more than she has in 2 months.

If a future new owner ever sees this they need to start reading at this end of the thread.

Actually you could delete the first 8 pages of this thread and make one post...She had coocidia and Baycox fixed it. ( hopefully)

I wonder what time it is in Australia :lol:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Lol

It'll take a while to clear off all/most the coccidia, but I'm so glad she's feeling better.
Just use a pro biotic with it, monitor her, try and get her to eat on her own, have repti boost backup, and hopefully she'll start to grow in size

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":1vjgavap said:
Lol

It'll take a while to clear off all/most the coccidia, but I'm so glad she's feeling better.
Just use a pro biotic with it, monitor her, try and get her to eat on her own, have repti boost backup, and hopefully she'll start to grow in size

I bought a powder probiotic from beardeddragon.co. That's next. I got rid of all the dubias, again.

I have sprayed her enclosure with an ammonia based cleaner formulated for Coccidia. Says it kills it in two minutes. No need to rinse!

I figure I have a couple of " I told you so's" coming.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
hill202":14vp7633 said:
She had her first dose of Baycox 24hrs ago. This morning I really was not expecting much but she seems to have more energy.

I started dropping butter worms and hornworms in front of her and she would barely look at them.

I dropped a wax worm on the other side of her enclosure and she ran over and ate it and then ate 7 more.

I read that they will get hooked on wax worms and will not eat anything else. How big of an issue is this? Do wax worms offer any nutritional value at all?

I read that they have a high fat content. That might be a good thing at this point.

I think this is good news.

Yep .... good sign indeed.

See viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834 for info on common and less common feeders , I'd let her eat what ever she likes and thankful she's eating it , worry about her being a waxworm junkie later when she's healthy and coccidia free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom