Coccidia /Albon not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today?
Keep trying, it sounds like she isn't giving up! I hope she gets to feeling better.
At least she is more active right now, so I would say she is showing some improvement.

Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She gets a little better each day. Today she ate kale for the first time in weeks. She still only wants wax worms and a butter worm every now and then. I'm giving her critical care twice a day to supplement the nutrients she is missing out on.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear ! In a way she's your special girl....not in a way that you wanted her to be but she's gotten through a tough time with your help. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
hill202":n3cqwnif said:
She gets a little better each day. Today she ate kale for the first time in weeks. She still only wants wax worms and a butter worm every now and then. I'm giving her critical care twice a day to supplement the nutrients she is missing out on.

for now -- I recommend endulging her , worry about breaking the "junk food habit" later when she's a lot fitter and healthier.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news! :D
It does take them quite awhile to recover sometimes, but with a lot of patience, love &
effort it will pay off. I am happy to hear she is doing so much better now.
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been telling myself that I would update the thread when Bella hits 200 grams and she weighs exactly that today. Her appetite is pretty much normal now. She loves Dubias. She is still scared of crickets. She is still small for her age but seems to be perfectly healthy now.( knock wood).

I'll post a pic later today.

Thanks again for the help I received here.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so glad to hear that she's up to 200 grams finally, that's fantastic news. I can tell you that I myself did not realize just how long it takes sometimes to get back to normal, as I had never had a "sick" dragon in 15 years of owning them, my first one I had from a month old to almost 13 years old, and currently I have my girl who I got at a month old and who is just turning a year old now, and my boy who I got at 4 weeks old who is just turning 7 months old now, and none of them were ever sick, not once, until about 2 months ago. Dee Dee, my now 7-month old male, suddenly stopped eating about a month and a half to 2 months ago. He was prior to that a literal garbage disposal. He was becoming obese. He'd eat 20+ large BSFL, then as soon as I set his greens/veggies down he'd eat all of them, then he'd beg for a piece of banana (he would have eaten an entire banana had I let him). He just wouldn't stop eating...then one day he just stopped eating. At all. Nothing...

Long story short, my Certified Reptile Vet diagnosed Dee Dee with an "infestation" of Pinworms. I saw them in his poop, and I had to start feeding him by hand with an oral syringe daily. His eyes sunk in and he lost a huge amount of weight. It was awful, I thought I was losing him. After multiple rounds of Panacur, my CRV gave me a jar of Alfalfa Meal that was medicated with Panacur and Probiotics with Digestive Enzymes. I added the recommended amount of this Alfalfa Meal to one of his daily slurries about 2 weeks ago, and did that for 5 days, then gave him nothing but unflavored Pedialyte for 3 days, and BAM, he's eating normally like he did before he got sick, his follow-up fecal test was normal, and he's already put on 40 grams in a week or so...but man, that month and a half was torture for me, I cannot imagine one of my guys not eating for any longer than that like your guy. So thank God he's okay...

I guess the moral of the story is patience...easier said than done though when you love them so much...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very nice to read this update. She's pulled through thanks to your persistence + diligence. :) Go Bella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom