Coccidia /Albon not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2lj233vu said:
Yes, really good to hear ! Expiration date doesn't seem to be a factor. Still consider putting her in a smaller tank set up.

Thanks for researching that. She should update that paper. I'll bet she gets calls about it.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":24rxmrw9 said:
That's great news!
Just be sure to clean and clean again so she doesn't reinfect herself. Now we just need to get her feeling better. She took her last dose, correct? She's probably feeling pretty lousy after this whole ordeal, poor little girl.

It's so clean that even Kingofnobby will be proud. 8)

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nada..not even one, which is less than yesterday. I won't post any more of these, unless there is a change, God forbid.

93275-9988390794.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow,must be very encouraging for you to see that. :) And eating a few waxworms is better than nothing. She's getting SOME nutrition and their fattiness makes it like she's eating more volume of other insects.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels.

We still have a long way to go in regards to weight loss and appetite. I know I'm creating a problem with the wax worms but it does not seem right to hold back the only thing she will eat a little of.

They are great for giving her meds. I take an insulin needle and inject it, calcium, into the worm.

And just to see what would happen, I injected one worm with repta boost..... the worm busted out the enclosure doors.

Not really, the worm died

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Encouraging , that's for sure. Not time to let up on the treatment / sterilization regime - yet.

I've tried injecting antibiotics into a worm and into a cricket (I had to give the stuff to a skink orally and he hated the taste of it !! huge YUCK response !!! and temper tantrum and made it very hard to give his medicine to him).

Injecting meds into the insects was a huge FAIL.... he refused the injected bugs !!! he knew the stuff was inside them .

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm quickly getting a wax worm problem. She has eaten 9 today. She will not even look at anything else.

I'm at a loss as to what to do about it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Give it some time + then start to with hold the waxies + offer other insects. Then one day it will happen, she'll eat a cricket or a dubia + you'll do a happy dance.

I forget, have you tried large BSFL [ Phoenix or calci worms ? ]

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, I have not tried those. I would like to try Silkworms but they seem pretty difficult to find.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2o91hiw0 said:
My vet has prescribed Ponazuril for coccidia 20mg/ml suspension from a veterinary compounding pharmacy. It seemed to work well.

I never thanked you for this, thank you. I want to hear more abut that Herpstat 2 of yours. I suppose the ER forum is not the place to ask. Although it is kind of health related.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What would you like to know about it? It has two outlets and two temp probes. I set one on the basking surface and that controls the basking light by dimming it to keep the probe reading within a specified range (100-105 in my case). It has a setting to ramp up and ramp down so it slowly brings the light up and turns it off like a sunset rather than sudden on/off. The other probe is on the cool side floor and is set to control the heat projector. It turns on at night as needed to keep the probe reading above 70 and shuts off at 73 so it maintains a good overnight temperature even on cool nights. It's mostly just off in the summer.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That sounds nice. So, it has timers that allow you to have it turn completely on and off at certain times, and while it's on, it will adjust the light as needed to maintain a certain temp., right?

If I'm understanding it correctly, I gotta have one.

Do you like it?

I see where they have the 'Redline' edition, snazzy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom