Coccidia /Albon not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Treating this thread as a medical log, here is the treatment plan as of today.

She was given .04 ml of Toltrazuril at 1:30pm today. These are the two recommended treatment schedules that came with the med;

1. Give one dose every 24 hrs for one or two days and perform fecal exam.

2. For very high counts, give one dose every 24hrs for 3 days and perform fecal, repeat in one week if necessary.

No doubt, I need number 2 but I can do a fecal Saturday and see where we are at.

I steamed the cage again today. The cleaner that will hopefully be here tomorrow is this;

http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=600&search=Coccicidal+Concentrated+Disinfectant+

She was also given some soy yogart at 5:00pm.

The following supplements I either have on hand or will be here tomorrow.

Jump Start
Reptiaid
Repti boost
A probiotic powder coming from beardeddragon.co
Critical care - coming tomorrow. I'm not sure about this. I just kept seeing the name.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
By All means, track her health and dosage here. Those with more familiarity on medications can definitely assist.

Just for some peace of mind, I took my girl in a week after getting her and she had coccidia and was a little over two months old and 63g at the time. She just was treated again last month and she's been with me 3 months and she's healthy, 274g as of last week. Likely nearing 300g now.
Here she is peeking out a window
89300-6812893194.jpg

Your little one appears to be around the age when my girl first started on meds, she looked good in your pic, and just needs her appetite. I highly recommend a proven pro biotic. My boy didn't like soy yogurt, but they both like this from bug de lite
89300-3982255748.jpg

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow!!! She looks great!. So, if I'm reading right, she is 5 months old and weighs close to 300 grams???
She weighed 63 at 2 months!

Mine is almost 7 months old and weighs 52 grams.

That is mind boggling for me. That is alot to take in. Mine is so severely stunted and under weight, I don't see how she can bounce back. I knew she was stunted when I got her but i did not realize it was that bad.

I received mine at 5 months old and she weighed 48 grams.

I hate to beat a dead horse but this brings me right back to the breeder. She has a link to this thread and Collette I hope you are reading this. Your clients sure are! You said there was nothing wrong when I received her. Why don't you say something here?

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so when yours reaches mines age, it will weigh what 400?

So mine is roughly 350 grams under weight.

That's probably going to always bring on health issues.

That's why she said I should put her down.

You people would laugh me out of this forum if you knew how much I've spent trying to heal her.

She is always going to have issues, runts usually do.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Alucard is likely 5 1/2 months old, honestly, but she's a petsmart baby so I have no real idea. They had her a month before I took her, and they often receive theirs at a month or so old.

I was under the impression yours was about two months old. For five months, she's very undersized.

Company over, I'll respond more thoroughly soon

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":8jmup827 said:
Alucard is likely 5 1/2 months old, honestly, but she's a petsmart baby so I have no real idea. They had her a month before I took her, and they often receive theirs at a month or so old.

I was under the impression yours was about two months old. For five months, she's very undersized.

Company over, I'll respond more thoroughly soon

Mine is 7 months.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Holy crap.
Who is the breeder??

I just want to show I'm not bull crapping you.
This is two month old Alucard
89300-5231083957.jpg
This is last week
89300-8315437627.jpg

Any chance the breeder has no idea of the hatch date??

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Undersized or not, the main goal is we want to get her healthy, and honestly when it comes to the health of my animals, money is not an issue, do please don't feel embarrassed for caring so much for her. I've spent hundreds trying to save baby chameleons, and hundreds memorializing my first beardie.

I know you've already shelled out a bunch for this little girl, but I'd really recommend the reptiphilus pro biotic. I'm sure the soy yogurt can work, I just want to recommend what has proven to work for myself

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The breeder has each dragon numbered with a marker and their birthdate posted with a pic.She seemed organized with that. Yes, I saw a pic but look on her site,the dragons are laying in the same position on a blue pad with nothing for scale. Their weight is not posted, so there is a good tip for any new owners, ask the breeder how much they weigh!

I thought I had done my research. I did a ton of research on the enclosure. I had it ready before she got here and then rushed through the dragon purchase process. This thread will hopefully help a new owner one day. They will at least know what not to do.

Atomic Lizard Ranch is the breeder.

The pics you are posting are blowing me away. Reality is starting to set in. I'm sure going to continue to try to get her healthy but I need to factor in possible expenses in the future.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
In general, her smaller size won't add any additional health issues, as long as she doesn't have MBD or anything like that. She'll just be pocket sized. Heck, you might even save money on smaller feeders.

Poor little girl.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":343e6v43 said:
Has she been on meds the entire time for coccidia?

Not all of it but alot. She has had some breaks. It was Albon too, so she has been pretty miserable.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
and just to keep it interesting, I've lost 5 pounds maybe a little more ,pretty fast recently. :banghead:

After being elbow deep in coccidia for 2 months, I hope humans can't get it

I guess that will be a different forum

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, she sure is cute though & no doubt, being well taken care of! No one on here will
laugh at you for whatever amount you have spent on your girl. I am pretty sure most of
us on here have been through spending sprees like that, which just never end!
I'm sorry that the breeder didn't take the proper care of her or the mother when she was
gravid. It likely goes back to the breeding, & inbreeding unfortunately.

Keep doing what you are doing & hopefully she will take off soon in growth.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom