Clovis (9/9 blankie pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worms with Dad by katiebread, on Flickr

Meet Clovis! Clovis came to our vet tech from a owner who did not care for him well. He is missing the tip of his tail and 2 of his toes. However, you can see he is quite the handsome boy; look at that orange on his face! We have 3 1/2 containers of extra-small phoenix worms left from our baby Bowser, who we had to put to sleep. :cry: Clovis will finish off these guys and we'll order bigger ones next time. This paper towel contained maybe 10-15 worms, which Clovis delicately picked off one by one.

Clovis tried to eat the camera right after this by katiebread, on Flickr

Clovis is definitely the stomach on legs that I hoped Bowser would one day become. I think he wanted to eat my camera flash, so I turned it off and took turns with my husband feeding him kale. He gobbled it all up!

Mah Stick by katiebread, on Flickr

Clovis came with a tank, his stick, his favorite bowl, the reptile carpet, a clamp light, and a heating pad. Wow! Tomorrow I'm going to give his viv a good cleaning and put in his UVB light. The carpet provides good insulation from the heating pad, so I'll keep it in there for now. I want to get a temp gun to get the temps right so I don't have to mess with probes. The meat thermometer I have right now hates me, and the feeling is mutual. :evil:

I want to come back ou-ut! by katiebread, on Flickr

The downside to the fun of feeding a beardie who was excited to eat was that we needed to let him bask so he could digest his good noms! Clovis was not pleased and ran all around his viv, trying to climb out. After 45-60 minutes I took him out for snuggling and floor time. He ran all over living room and kitchen, and scrabbled in protest when he was prevented from going under furniture or getting into mischief. He ended up falling asleep under my hair, even wiggling up to get in a better snuggle position. As a bonus, I didn't see too many stress marks on him while he was exploring! There were some faint black lines on his beard and belly but nothing like Bowser had, poor little guy.

I will update with pics of his viv once we have it set up properly, but we had a lovely first evening with our new boy and can't wait to play with him tomorrow! I bet he is already dreaming of worms and salads. :mrgreen:

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's all good!
I've heard too many stories of beardies getting lost to let Clovis out without a harness. I hope he gets over sulking about it and starts exploring the outdoors!

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster

When we play, we think we fight giant lizards by katiebread, on Flickr

Fighting dragons in my mind by katiebread, on Flickr

Just for kicks by katiebread, on Flickr

DM says you're gonna die by katiebread, on Flickr

Roll a d6 by katiebread, on Flickr

Titles taken from: www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I (mild language, major nerdery)

Health update: He flat out ignores his salads and goes for days without touching bug or leaf. He did snarf up 10ish crickets yesterday, so I'll give him some applesauce tomorrow to keep things moving if he doesn't poop on his own. When we can get him to eat enough to poop, the poop looks normal and healthy. We're going to take him to the vet in the next week or two just to be safe. Last week he was 405 grams, and two weeks before that he was 400 grams. You can see in the pics that he is finishing up shedding his chin and lips today. All the kids at school like him better than they like me. ;) He's going to visit again as soon as testing is over.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Aww, what a cutie!

Did he already brumate this year, or do you think he could be brumating again now?? I know a lot of beardies are acting a little funky around this time of year. Dudley actually basked today for the first time in quite a while, so I'm pretty proud of him LOL.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
I totally missed all pictures with the dice! Must be more fun to play with live dragons huh ? :) They are super cute and he's giving some great looks in them :p
I don't know why I didn't get an update then and I did this time unless I just missed it somehow... weird...
How is Clovis feeling? Is he eating any better for you? Hopefully he's been able to enjoy visiting the classroom again a few times though !

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Clovis is actually a girl! :silent: :shock: Whoops! We took her to the vet on Monday, and the vet agreed that the not eating greens and not pooping is a problem. We have stool softener and calcium supplement to give her, and if she does not poop in a week she goes back to the vet. Of course the day after we took her to the vet we went to the beach for three nights, but the vet said that it would be fine to start the meds when we got back so our friend who fed Clovis did not have to worry about it. Clovis will keep her name and is snuggling with me now, snoozing under my sweatshirt. Hopefully she will be healthy soon! We are doing our best to take care of her! :blob8:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Oh my, what a surprise! :shock: There seem to be a lot of beardies who decided to switch genders lately, LOL! Dud better stay male...
I hope she feels better! You are such a good beardie mommy!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
The vet just re-confirmed that he is almost positive Yoshi is a boy too. I really hope he stays male. LOL

I hope Clovis gets to feeling better and poops for you soon!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Thanx. She's hangin in there. Have her set up for a vet appointment Friday. Thank God I have an amazing herp vet. And his prices are very reasonable, too.

I think she feels safe here. She isn't as dark as when I first got her and I know she's more comfortable not being on that loose substrate and actually having blankets to lay on.

Sorry to hijack the thread! :)

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Health update: Clovis is MUCH more active, eats a bit every day, and has pooped three times since her vet appointment. Naturally today she ate a bug while outside taking the photos I'm going to post, and I didn't see what kind of bug it was because she snatched it out of the air so fast. Siiigh. Anyway, the pics came out great, so enjoy!

What? by katiebread, on Flickr

I like the shadow she's casting here.

I ate a bug! by katiebread, on Flickr

Licking her lips after ensuring that Mom will be paying LOTS of attention to her this evening. You know, Clovis, I would've paid attention to you anyway. You didn't have to eat a strange bug!

What is on my head? by katiebread, on Flickr

Dude looks like a lady!

Sitting Pretty by katiebread, on Flickr

Very pretty in purple.

Yeeees? by katiebread, on Flickr

Could she be posing for the camera any more? I love that sideways head tilt, heehee! :mrgreen:

Posing by the Pond by katiebread, on Flickr

She kept trying to run into the pond. Maybe she saw the fish? She's not super-keen on Tupperware baths, which makes trying to run into algae-filled cold water hilarious. :lol:

Anyway, that's my girl! What do you think, any of them calendar-worthy?

Cross your fingers about the bug. So far, so good!

Jess

Extreme Poster
She is adorable! I love the 2nd pic where she is sticking her tongue out... Definately calander worthy! :D
BTW, do you know when the calander pictures are due??

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I do not know, alas. This is the first time I have had a beardie in time for calendar submissions! I had a million good pics from that shoot, bit I decided to post the ones where she is showing some attitude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom