Calcium Multivitamin Combo

siel19

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ruby
Hi there- is there a combo multivitamin calcium supplement that anyone would recommend?
Thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I keep two superworm containers to dust my bugs 🐛 in. In one is straight calcium. The other is mixed 50/50 with calcium/multivitamins. The one with the multivitamins is darker so it's easy enough to know which is which.
You don't want to give them multivitamins every day so even if you can find it premixed you would need a bottle of straight calcium still anyways.

siel19

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ruby
I keep two superworm containers to dust my bugs 🐛 in. In one is straight calcium. The other is mixed 50/50 with calcium/multivitamins. The one with the multivitamins is darker so it's easy enough to know which is which.
You don't want to give them multivitamins every day so even if you can find it premixed you would need a bottle of straight calcium still anyways.
Thanks- that’s a great idea! Right now I just have 2 separate containers. Thanks for the feedback!

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hi there- is there a combo multivitamin calcium supplement that anyone would recommend?
Thanks!
Multivitamin supplement can cause problems when offered every day, I only ever use it twice a week. Calcium should be offered plain at least five days a week, though if you were to get a multivitamin and calcium mix without the D3 vitamin you could use that twice a week so your dragon is still readily getting calcium but isn’t overdosing on the D3 vitamin. Insects don’t have bones, they have exoskeletons which do have phosphorus. The phosphorus ratio you want is 2:1 but for some dragons it can be even higher (.I.E. 7:1). Calcium overdose is very rare but calcium deficiency is common. If you have the correct UVB fixture (Reptisun 10.0 or Arcadia D3+) you don’t actually need to supplement D3. A good product would be Repashy calcium plus (the one that says lower level of vitamin D).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I totally agree with regarding only using a multivitamin 1- 2 times weekly, so I always recommend
using a multivitamin apart from a straight calcium to ensure they get adequate calcium & not too
much on the vitamin end.
It seems like it can be overwhelming to get the supplementation correct, but once you get it all down
it is pretty easy most of the time.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom