Vet Visit For Maya

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a pic of his enclosure, also a full body pic to show his body condition ? If he's really active that's usually a good sign. :) Will he eat insects ?

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Can you post a pic of his enclosure, also a full body pic to show his body condition ? If he's really active that's usually a good sign. :) Will he eat insects ?
Yes, I can. Stand by. I'll take a photo. I had to modify it 'again' because he keeps trying to 'climb' and he keeps 'falling over on his side'. He turns over on his own. He's also had some Critical Care - 3 times yesterday- Every hour. This morning, he took a bit more along with a bite of his greens. Then he pooped. For now, I have cleaned his Viv's floor with Wipe Out 2 because company is here. I will steam clean tonight.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
For a low basking spot, would a pillow work? Or a folded towel? That would be low, and if he falls while getting up or moving around there, he would only fall very soft. Better, I think, than a plush toy that can tip over.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
For a low basking spot, would a pillow work? Or a folded towel? That would be low, and if he falls while getting up or moving around there, he would only fall very soft. Better, I think, than a plush toy that can tip over.
I have taken out a low pillow. But, have his bed in there. I've rolled up a towel, place new pair of fleece pants- Don't ask- I cut them up by accident and they were ruined- a pillow case with a soft plush feel to it, his sock puppet with cotton, and a sugar skull pillow, and a Squirtle to boot.
I was aware that some MBD dragons have low platforms. I was thinking about that.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds perfectly fine, he will appreciate that! Just be creative & anything like that which lowers
the basking area should help out a lot.
How is he doing today? A lot of people who have dragon with metabolic bone disease do make some
special accommodations for them to help reduce climbing stress & possibility of injury.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom