Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hands more full than Alucard and he was on meds!

Since he missed calcium yesterday can he get it 4x this week or do I gotta do it Friday instead of vitamin (usually Friday and Saturday morning for vitamin)?

Edit: full 10 minutes in bath, let me hold him to take him to the bath. The bath brightned him but the tank doesnt it's 102 in there that is plenty warm. He doesn't like the towel part. I got him dry anyway. Mom says he's dark because of relocation stress. It doesn't explain why in the bath. Even with the zoo med he was dark and that bulb hit 117!
He runs around, climbs, basks (he poops so obviously digesting well) and eats. His underside is white as can be so no distress or pain. Ideas on this?

Edit 2: he sleeps standing up only at night when lights are off so no RI. It's quite funny actually.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have tried everything actually and he's like that but he has been like this since day 1..he doesn't seem ill. He walks and runs fine so no mbd. He can eat so not mouth rot. No infection of any sort. Maybe he soaking in heat but has been since the 7th.

Edit: only thing left is vet but like I said he seems fine. Mom won't take him unless he looks ill or his poop is runny and very stinky.or he's dark in general till the next shed.
Only legs and tail in shed.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just being in shed can cause darkness. Puff has been dark for 2 weeks, now her shed is coming off her face and she's lightening up. So I wouldn't worry about it. 102F is perfect for a 4 mo old for temps, but if you think he wants it warmer, you can bump them up to 105F. Otherwise, leave him be. He's starting to enjoy being in the warm water in his bath, so that's good. As long as he's pooping, eating and active, can't ask for more than that. I wouldn't put the temps down, though, he's not a year old yet. Missing a day of calcium isn't going to harm him any either.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah I saw his leg as the shed came off and it's different
Color so I freaked for nothing.

He is definitely going to be a shedder for long periods of time. Forever to start the process and finishing.

Should I still do calcium on Friday instead of vitamin like I usually do? Just because he missed yesterday.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok thanks for the reply I wasn't sure. I just know
they need it 5x a week one meal a day.

And yeah, he's shedding. He's gonna be a dark shedder it looks like.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He's on my shirt and under my hand as I type with one hand. I tried to get a pic but he wakes up and tries to bolt.
He's very secure under my hand. Using my thumb to prop his head like maybe he'd like a bed.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel is a dark shedder, as opposed to the others that are lighter. So when he goes dark, that usually means he's got a shed going. He's a yellow colour after baths, though, but normally he's darker, too. They can change colour so rapidly, it's amazing to watch. Glad he's comfy with you tonight, the beginning of many snuggles to come :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb!

He's definitely a dark shedder but he doesn't itch himself as other beardies do. Maybe he's content or something. Somehow it doesn't bother him being a dark shedder. He's getting a bath every day till shed lifts off, 10 mins is all I can get out of him. Still more baths as it lifts off. Maybe he'll poop in it..that'd be awesome! But I can't lift my hand off him or he'll try bolting so it's hard to rub his belly. For now at least.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, I have! 6week 3" dragon from a friend who was breeding but Vash wasn't gettin enough food. So I took him home for my 17th birthday.

Broly runs too dont feel too bad. Just keep an eye on her and dont let her run off.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He did brightned for a minute then he stood on his hind legs and waved. So he's submissive because he no longer head bobs. To be honest, I thought he was going to fall onto his back and I would have to pick him up anyway. Then he got stressed and the marks got dark but nobody bothered him or tried to stress him. This was after he did the arm wave.
Now he's bearding at me :lol:.

He pooped and the urate is fine white and soft..I easily crushed it with the poop. He's not really hydrated as water did not come out with it, so more baths. Usually water comes out with poop..if really hydrated. Gotta work on his hydration level I guess it's low.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Really twice...? I don't know if he'll do that. He still skittish of my hands. Best way is him asleep. But I can manage two times. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom