Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I'll try my best my mom isn't an understanding woman she already thinks giving him the plant leaves is "hurting" him.

I already told her basil for Broly and she flipped out saying "why did you do that?" So now if i ask for the plant she'll be like "no we don't need a whole plant for one animal no one uses it". Ugh, if only she understood what anyone on here says. She doesn't believe they can get parasites. I told her they do and he might have them. I'll do my best to get the plant. We have a greenhouse but no basil in it. We never planted it we have the seed cup just haven't done it yet and I need it now. I'll tell her no box stuff. Thank you before i settled with the box stuff.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":1zwdel80 said:
I'll try my best my mom isn't an understanding woman she already thinks giving him the plant leaves is "hurting" him.

I already told her basil for Broly and she flipped out saying "why did you do that?" So now if i ask for the plant she'll be like "no we don't need a whole plant for one animal no one uses it". Ugh, if only she understood what anyone on here says. She doesn't believe they can get parasites. I told her they do and he might have them. I'll do my best to get the plant. We have a greenhouse but no basil in it. We never planted it we have the seed cup just haven't done it yet and I need it now. I'll tell her no box stuff. Thank you before i settled with the box stuff.
no problem, many stores now carry organic plants in the produce section for like 3 bucks. it is cheaper in the long run than the boxed stuff anyway so maybe you can win her over on that? right now Draconis is lifting his head and doing the side to side thing as i type as if to ask "who are you talking to and why arent my stories on?" hes in his second shed in a week and a half and rather cranky and piggy atm....your Broly may just be wanting to be lazy, can you put him on a leash? if so maybe some walks outside when its warm will help. i know mine LOVES to sit under our skylight and play with his 3 year old sister in his play pin (just a drawer from one of the plastic tower thingies with paper lining) though he has started pooping in his tank again.....

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I got mine to poop in his bath or paper towel. She said she'll try to find the plant. I'll explain I want it and not settle for the box. He does love the sun but it's been cloudy or rainy. Thursday should be better as it's partly cloudy but mostly sunny in the afternoon (not hot). Coast of Oregon LOL gotta love it. I have a leash from my old man (RIP he died at 10 years old) not sure if it fits.

You're a life saver I hope he's lazy not actually ill. I'll still go to the vet when he poops to find out what it is. Actually I heard it makes wasps go away the basil does and she'll love that.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":1z01ij36 said:
I got mine to poop in his bath or paper towel. She said she'll try to find the plant. I'll explain I want it and not settle for the box. He does love the sun but it's been cloudy or rainy. Thursday should be better as it's partly cloudy but mostly sunny in the afternoon (not hot). Coast of Oregon LOL gotta love it. I have a leash from my old man (RIP he died at 10 years old) not sure if it fits.

You're a life saver I hope he's lazy not actually ill. I'll still go to the vet when he poops to find out what it is. Actually I heard it makes wasps go away the basil does and she'll love that.
broad leaf Italian basil will do that, also peppermint will deter ants. Here in Florida we get hot and wet or cold and dry with a good chance of freak storms popping up....My Draconis wont even go outside without clinging to me and puffing. The mocking birds and finches scare him.....:D i am sure Broly will love the basil and mint combined with dandelion plant puree, and the sun. i did nothing more than give suggestions on what i do know, so you dont have to thank me but i do appreciate your doing so. i just hope Broly is just being a lil butt and that the plants will help.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I thought brumation till I decided to weigh him and glad i did. You're welcome I always try to thank someone for suggestions. It is cold, my mom suggested it is just cold and he'll snap out when it's warmer. I couldn't tell he lost weight just by looking at him. He does gain but only if he eats so I found it strange because usually with parasites from what i read don't let their host gain but again I only read a few articles and might be conflicting. But I suppose 18g isn't too bad of a drop (specially over the course of 3 weeks) I read a dragon dropped as much as 50g over brumation but still huge not skinny. My boy isn't skinny either no bones protruding. I'm going to try basil, or oregano with dandelions as a salad actually and stick it in his mouth (only way) and that should help lower the coccidia because the vet is right he can't do anything right now.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well he is holding steady back 377g so 16g left to gain back! I got the calcium in him and 3 pieces of greens. Hes up basking and I fed about 30 minutes ago. Im still trying basil because hes not 100% himself. It is cold still with showers today with a little bit of sun at times. I can't get him outside not with rain. He seems to be doing alright, still isn't acting sickly. Again by looking at him you wouldnt have known hes ill. The poops have been good formed and not clear the room stinky, the only symptom he doesnt have but he had weight loss and appetite loss. Im sure his mouth is good since after sticking food in he'll lick it off his gums. He had water a few days ago so definitely not dehydrated.

Hes still not full enough to poop he usually goes every 6 days. Idk that's the schedule but now it's longer because not enough going in. Still stopping bugs...won't touch but does acknowledge them so that's a start. Hoping my mom can find the plant told her box stuff won't work she won't look all over so yeah.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He's been headbobbing and only bb'd once.
I thought sick when i saw the bb but no he's actually
awake right now. I say NOW because maybe tomorrow he won't be or later on. I don't think I'll feed tonight he won't want it. But water and calcium are gettin into him. He's pancaked on my window hoping the sun reaches him right now...yeah this sounds like a sick lizard :lol:. He's perfectly fine he was on the tail end of brumation and thankfully through it all he lost 18g not more than that. He did get back 2g so still only 16 to go. Still getting basil mom hates wasps it may be Saturday and I can wait or he can.

He's refusing food but is pretty active on the windowsill.
The tank is still sleeping territory. My vet agreed he's probably just lazy in there and will eat soon once and IF he's out of brumation and spring fever he will eat.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, he stayed up all day! He's in spring fever, he also pooped on my bed..bugger! Washed my two blankets, pillowcase and sheet after putting the poop in a plastic bag and ran it to my vet (note that Broly ate some basil at this time) and he did another fecal test though he thought losing 18g wasn't much. He came in and told me still negative. His only answer why he's losing is because hes not eating because of the mode he's in also said he should pick up if he stays up and doesn't go back to sleep. He said his dragon is waking up then going to sleep the next day. I truly hope mine is staying up now so he can get passed the phase of not eating. He bb'd today and head bobbed so that was a treat. He stayed out most of the afternoon as it was warm and sunny (pfft didn't rain silly news people). He kept looking out the window and bobbed slowly to a bee on a flower. He still don't do the running around part.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":3goz2rid said:
Well, he stayed up all day! He's in spring fever, he also pooped on my bed..bugger! Washed my two blankets, pillowcase and sheet after putting the poop in a plastic bag and ran it to my vet (note that Broly ate some basil at this time) and he did another fecal test though he thought losing 18g wasn't much. He came in and told me still negative. His only answer why he's losing is because hes not eating because of the mode he's in also said he should pick up if he stays up and doesn't go back to sleep. He said his dragon is waking up then going to sleep the next day. I truly hope mine is staying up now so he can get passed the phase of not eating. He bb'd today and head bobbed so that was a treat. He stayed out most of the afternoon as it was warm and sunny (pfft didn't rain silly news people). He kept looking out the window and bobbed slowly to a bee on a flower. He still don't do the running around part.
Good to hear I do hope he turns into a piggy like many do right after any down time! You can tell him Draconis says to eat his buggies!
86309-1170953736.jpg

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hes been up since April 27! Hes just really mellow this spring maybe because I don't have a girl dragon. He stays up most of the day only to crash at 6 or 6:30p. I still have to stick food in his mouth again not doing crickets again...ever like that. I flipped out touching them! Creepy guys! I managed 3 pieces of mustards into him and ate and tried a 4th but he wasn't into it. So i sat him on the window and heard our geese (we have geese) and he did a slow bob but he couldn't see them. He bb'd at a neighborhood cat that was walking to our house even though Broly was inside so the cat wouldn't get him. Even though cloudy and cold (news people say different) hes still awake looking around. It's just confusing hes mellow but won't eat but very bright eyed and active outside the tank (though he barely sleeps in there) unless evening. I guess that's why hes lounging around because hes mellow but the on and off sleeping has ended.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":2ui79mnh said:
Hes been up since April 27! Hes just really mellow this spring maybe because I don't have a girl dragon. He stays up most of the day only to crash at 6 or 6:30p. I still have to stick food in his mouth again not doing crickets again...ever like that. I flipped out touching them! Creepy guys! I managed 3 pieces of mustards into him and ate and tried a 4th but he wasn't into it. So i sat him on the window and heard our geese (we have geese) and he did a slow bob but he couldn't see them. He bb'd at a neighborhood cat that was walking to our house even though Broly was inside so the cat wouldn't get him. Even though cloudy and cold (news people say different) hes still awake looking around. It's just confusing hes mellow but won't eat but very bright eyed and active outside the tank (though he barely sleeps in there) unless evening. I guess that's why hes lounging around because hes mellow but the on and off sleeping has ended.
yay!!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So we got basil it's growing well. Broly is relaxing head down...I thought he was going to sleep but today is officially sunny so he shouldnt. 63* outside with windy conditions so it's cold..not good for him so like always he'll sit in a sunny window with just the screen, sun is stronger than any bulb right? Can its rays get through screens? I read conflicting information on this. I can't go out without an umbrella...sucks being prone to skin cancer. Thanks to cold wind I can't really sit Broly out there but it's always windy through spring and summer so he'll go out eventually.

Broly's doing good, still hand feeding because he doesn't eat on his own so his weight goes up till he BMs then it goes down. No bbs or bobbing yet. He did enjoy his window time this morning he'll be getting more with warm ups in between outings. I need to get y'all a picture at least one with my busy schedule between feeding other animals specially my horse, Loki. I have been riding him i bring a hat when i ride. Gonna bathe my dragon then go ride my horse then get Broly some more sunny window time. Totally busy today.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":29womdjk said:
Hey,

So we got basil it's growing well. Broly is relaxing head down...I thought he was going to sleep but today is officially sunny so he shouldnt. 63* outside with windy conditions so it's cold..not good for him so like always he'll sit in a sunny window with just the screen, sun is stronger than any bulb right? Can its rays get through screens? I read conflicting information on this. I can't go out without an umbrella...sucks being prone to skin cancer. Thanks to cold wind I can't really sit Broly out there but it's always windy through spring and summer so he'll go out eventually.

Broly's doing good, still hand feeding because he doesn't eat on his own so his weight goes up till he BMs then it goes down. No bbs or bobbing yet. He did enjoy his window time this morning he'll be getting more with warm ups in between outings. I need to get y'all a picture at least one with my busy schedule between feeding other animals specially my horse, Loki. I have been riding him i bring a hat when i ride. Gonna bathe my dragon then go ride my horse then get Broly some more sunny window time. Totally busy today.
have you tried the basil with him yet? as for the busy schedule look at it this way, you are a good mom that is lucky to have both the babies to care for, and they are lucky to have such a great mom. I have started putting mines playpin outside while i stand near it and have gotten some rather bad rash and my face hurts a bit, i have had cancer removed before it went full blown on my skin, and im sensitive to the sun. Five minutes out there is agony for me but i do it for him. i go at least a full 10-15 minutes if i can.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
E37C38AE-09C8-4506-9DD9-13F1BDBBE7B7_zps2icqmmsn.jpg

Here you guys go.

Now off to ride!

I'm back!

Yes I did try basil already he liked it. No don't get me wrong! I go out but with a umbrella he's the one in the sun. 10-15 for me as well. My barn area is shaded so I can stay longer, I should take Broly over to Loki's area sometime but not completely near the horse.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey, he's mellow totally mellow. Spring fever has him not interested in food and bb/puffing up other than what most males are doing which is nuts he's just searching the windows from time to time throughout the day to see a lady walk by if none stop by he gets bored and walks off only to try again later. I hand feed, greens, basil, CC with baby food..(protein). He's good till he fights then I let him be. So can't say not eating technically not true. He'll eat just not on his own. He'll tolerate the food then fight to get me to let him see if a female is outside. My horse does get afternoon sun I went over with Broly he didnt care for Loki he wanted to keep an eye on the trees in case a female came out LOL. Other than that, healthy boy not sporting the run around like everyone else's males. I like how chill he is.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom