Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
The quilt is just amazing, Damn( I mean Dawn,lol). How many hours do you think you have in that work of art?
Loving the flowers! Geraniums are one of my favorites, but the BLUE Hibiscus :shock: I have never seen one, it is gorgeous.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Dawn, the finished quilt is awesome, you are so very talented, it turned out WONDERFUL. I like the pic of Crash in his blankie and your flowers in your garden are beautiful, bet you let off steam alot in your pretty garden!
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What an absolutely amazing quilt. They will love it. No wonder your neck muscles were sore, puts a strain on all your upper body muscles. The butterflies are stunning. You are VERY talented indeed!

Crash is adorable in his pink blankie, you can tell that he loves it. :D

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
diamc":2ccmxt4i said:
Crash is adorable in his pink blankie, you can tell that he loves it. :D
yeah, go figure ~ I have lots of blue blankies for him... and he runs outta them like his butts on fire. WTH? Dude, blue used to be your favorite color. Then it was orange. Now he's drawn to pink. I give up!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
bowsersmom":31rzg481 said:
I hope you have a long arm machine to quilt that big thing! Looks awesome!
actually, I have a mid-arm ~ 10-inch throat, I dream of a sweet 16 or a nice 18, but... well, everyone who quilts and wants a long arm dreams of the ultimate Gammill LOL... Anyway, my midarm got possessed and started running the machine at hyperspeed. I mean it ~ 1400 stitches per minute! C'mon, I'm pretty good, but I'm NOT THAT GOOD! No amount of cappuccino could have let me keep up. So we bypassed the speed control, and jimmy rigged my footpedal. That was too clunky, it was a totally different body movement, so I said THWI (sure you can figure that one out)... and took it off the frame and finished it the old fashioned way... stuff all those layers thru the sewing machine and do it inch by inch.

Needless to say, it's done, wish I could enter it in a county fair, I've never entered a quilt like that yet. I've left that up to my niece if she chooses. :)

BTW I have 118 hours into the quilt that I kept track of, there are a few hours that I didn't track because I was tired and was moving slower and slower. It's a labor of love.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Dawn, that quilt is a great beauty, maybe your niece will let you enter it into a show, it would win hands down! You're just awesome.

The pic of Crush in pink was so cute, Our beardies have soft towels for blankies, & also for bath towels. My mom gave me a huge bag full of towels she didn't want & all in good shape, and our beardies just love them. One day I'll get an order with you for your blankies & they can be wrapped up in them for bed.

Thanks for sharing that beautiful quilt with all of us, 118 hours & some uncounted, that quilt is now priceless!

Hugs
Deb

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
We have an HQ 16 but neither my mom nor I know how to use it very well :'(. That is definitely a goal for the summer because I have close to a dozen quilts I want to put on there. I just finished the blocks for a really pretty (in my opinion, anyway) batik. I cannot wait to finish it, I just adore the colors in it!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":1azhnz0x said:
We have an HQ 16 but neither my mom nor I know how to use it very well :'(. That is definitely a goal for the summer because I have close to a dozen quilts I want to put on there. I just finished the blocks for a really pretty (in my opinion, anyway) batik. I cannot wait to finish it, I just adore the colors in it!
I'm on my way to Louisville!!! (does your mom want to adopt any more kids? I come complete with grandkids already!) LOL

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Lol my mom's only grandkids are Lilly and Jackie, although I believe you are younger than her! She keeps saying we'll put another practice quilt in and learn, but I'll believe it when I see it lol.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ok Miss Barbara, time for comparison to the goobers... just weighed miss Lexi after a bath and a huge poo ~ she's 16.75 inches long, and 275 grams... full body shed going on... again! Back, tummy, paws, tail, just got head off... poor thing has always got something peelin'

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay I'll get new measurements tomorrow...I think Lexi is in the lead on the weight though, but will see.
Know all about the constant shed...Lola is either shedding or preparing.
She's shed more in the past year than I have ever seen one of my beardies shed. LOL

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":18xurj6j said:
Okay I'll get new measurements tomorrow...I think Lexi is in the lead on the weight though, but will see.
Know all about the constant shed...Lola is either shedding or preparing.
She's shed more in the past year than I have ever seen one of my beardies shed. LOL
*clears throat* ~ did anyone else notice its Wednesday? Ahem... uh, I am on EST / DST / its actually already Thursday here... *hunting down that chick in Fresno*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom