Bernadette Is Finally Home! :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bernie is home finally...I'm so excited.....

homecoming3.jpg

homecoming2.jpg

homecoming1.jpg

She loves her peas...I love her so much..

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hello T,
I've been so caught up with my own house searching (I found a place, thank-you if you were praying) or off line, that I missed Bernadettes arrival :( ..........she is so precious.............do you have any more pics or information about her, ie: where she came from, weight, length, how old is she, etc.

I'm sorry I havn't been around and I'm hoping your doing well,............you asked about Bernie climbing the glass and what it meant...............that's called "glass dancing". It could mean many things, she may have to poop, if she's potty trained, or just want to get out and be held when she see's you. If you have a male beardie she could be hormonal,...................... as you have them for a while, you'll see their personality shine through and you'll know why their glass dancing. They get in the funniest positions, don't they?

I'm excited for you, and hope you'll update her thread soon.

dragonkeeper777

Original Poster
So glad you found a new place. WOOHOO! :blob5:

Bernadette is my only dragon so I think her 'glass dancing' is not hormonal. She is about 8 months old and I'll get some more pics up soon.

She does appear to be potty trained..she only goes in one particular corner of the tank...lol

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
dragonkeeper777":34k2dfvu said:
So glad you found a new place. WOOHOO! :blob5:

Bernadette is my only dragon so I think her 'glass dancing' is not hormonal. She is about 8 months old and I'll get some more pics up soon.

She does appear to be potty trained..she only goes in one particular corner of the tank...lol

Thanks for the well wishes!

Where is she from, you may have told me, but it's slipped my mind..............
You can go further with the potty training and have her go only in her bath water. Each one of my beardies have their own dishpan for bathing and depending on their potty frequency they go in for their bath and go potty at the same time. It's so wonderful not having to clean 7 vivs. Most of them come to the glass to tell me when they have to go..........I know it sounds insane but it's true. Occasionally one will have an accident, but it's usually my fault, their trying to tell me and I may unintentionally ignore them because I'm doing something else, so I can only blame myself.

dragonkeeper777

Original Poster
Bernadette came from a rescue a few hours from here. She is missing her left foot and hand and part of her tail but she is not troubled by it at all. She is so funny as she chases her crickets...lol The past couple of days she has been staying under or by her hiding log instead of being in the basking area...she is shedding...might that be why she is not as active? Here's a new pic of my girl...

bernadette8.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh she is so darling! It looks like she has some fingers missing on the right hand as well...............She reminds me of my Bella when I first got her. She's missing 3 feet and partial legs along with 1/2 a tail so I can relate. They don't seem to be held back because of it. My Bella was skinny, had no color, and was fearful, now if you check out my thread you'll see the big difference.

What are you feeding her?

She may slow down in eating d/t shedding, and daily baths are real soothing. If she's eating and not basking, take her from the hid and put her in the light. She needs a few hours of basking to digest any food.

She's a keeper and a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonkeeper777

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I in fact did take her from the hide and held her for a bit then put her in the light for basking....which is where she is right now.....I love her dearly....she is eating crickets mostly with some greens and peas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom