Poop

Jtjlcl

Just want to check. Gonzo has not pooped for a month or so after eating alot of dubias and veg. She has been just laying around and black colored. Today I tried a bath again. She finally started to poop but struggled. I actually heard noises with her trying to get it out and bulging. It finally came out and not sure if she was impacted or constipated. Her poop looked odd and encased Want to make sure it's OK. Sorry for the gross pictures. She still has a little buldge on her lower right side afterwards.
20240406_090251.jpg
20240406_090459.jpg
20240406_091301.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just want to check. Gonzo has not pooped for a month or so after eating alot of dubias and veg. She has been just laying around and black colored. Today I tried a bath again. She finally started to poop but struggled. I actually heard noises with her trying to get it out and bulging. It finally came out and not sure if she was impacted or constipated. Her poop looked odd and encased Want to make sure it's OK. Sorry for the gross pictures. She still has a little buldge on her lower right side afterwards. View attachment 88576 View attachment 88577 View attachment 88578
Is she drinking water? She needs to stay hydrated its not uncommon for them to not poop for a month or so but you want to keep her hydrated - I would feed her some baby food pumpkin to try and get her to push whatever is left out

Jtjlcl

Original Poster
Is she drinking water? She needs to stay hydrated its not uncommon for them to not poop for a month or so but you want to keep her hydrated - I would feed her some baby food pumpkin to try and get her to push whatever is left out
Thanks, She will rarely drink water. She is over 9 years old and has refused water almost all the time we have had her since a baby but since she usually wont drink it I put the vegetables I give her in water so when she eats them she is getting water also and have her lick some baby food but she will only take a little. This is the first time this has happened she usually poops multiple times a week if not every day. She is actually basking right now and looks alot better than she has for a month. She is also one of those beardies that will brumates for at least 6 months. with all her lying around lately looking lethargic I didn't know if something was wrong from her not pooping or she was starting to brumate again and didn't want her doing it with all that food for a month or so in her belly to rot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks, She will rarely drink water. She is over 9 years old and has refused water almost all the time we have had her since a baby but since she usually wont drink it I put the vegetables I give her in water so when she eats them she is getting water also and have her lick some baby food but she will only take a little. This is the first time this has happened she usually poops multiple times a week if not every day. She is actually basking right now and looks alot better than she has for a month. She is also one of those beardies that will brumates for at least 6 months. with all her lying around lately looking lethargic I didn't know if something was wrong from her not pooping or she was starting to brumate again and didn't want her doing it with all that food for a month or so in her belly to rot.
Dragons should not brumate for more than 3 months ---- please go over your surface basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons please -- UVB coil or a long tube fixture and how old is the bulb? Where is it placed for the tank ?

Jtjlcl

Original Poster
Dragons should not brumate for more than 3 months ---- please go over your surface basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons please -- UVB coil or a long tube fixture and how old is the bulb? Where is it placed for the tank ?
Thank you for your concern and suggestions. She has done it for 9 years. Her exotic vet she has gone to since she was a baby said it is okay, she gets regular check-ups and he states she is very healthy and that all Beardies are not the same and some beardies do brumate longer than others he has many patients that do the same. It depends on the beardie not always due to something with the environment. All her setting and enclosure are up to standards and bulbs are correct and replaced in the appropriate time frame. I'm not someone who doesn't know about beardies or what she needs or should have. This situation with her poop was a one off.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom