Beardie Sleeping under log during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrdedDrgon

Beardie name(s)
Snoopy
My beardie went under the log to sleep during the day for hours. Then he just came out and looks irritated with black beard.
What is wrong?
His beard is slightly lighter but still dark. Heres a pic:
110110-9489167174.jpg

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":1fq3wrfq said:
The lights your using is one a coil UVB?
The bulbs you can see behind the beardie one to the left is heat one to the right seems to be a coil atleast the decor looks natural ! Post some pics of his home and we will be glad to assist you

BrdedDrgon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Snoopy
110110-1057276042.jpg

The one on the left is a heat lamp, and the other is a uvb coil.
In the back are some car posters ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the coil --- for a 40 + gallon tank you need a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med etc -- coils are notorious for causing all kinds of health issues and are basically inadequate -- you would need a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb - the Zoo Meds comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it you can use it as a back up but distance and placement would be different from the 10.0 bulb --- this is the fixture you need to look forhttps://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html
If your taking basking temps w/ a stick on those are inaccurate you need a digital probe thermometer looks like this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-digital-thermometer.html you can look at your pet stores for these things I posted most do not carry the hood length I posted you may haft to order it try Amazon - most do carry the thermometers
Please get these things fixed ASAP -- let me know when you get the hood I can help you place it - you need correct placement and distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom