Beardie-in-a-blanket??

Status
Not open for further replies.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Hello! I was just wondering how many people use a blankie for their beardie at night? Do they actually sleep in there? Was it something you had to teach them or will they learn over time that that is how they should sleep??

alicatxo

My little guy is about 9 weeks old now and he falls asleep on me almost every night and I started to wrap him in a piece of polar-fleece while he's on me sleeping and then place him back in his cage and he sleeps wrapped in it all night and crawls out in the morning when his lights come on, and cuddles it during the day too... he loooves blankets. He will crawl under the blanket while laying on me too, or under my shirt or sweater lol!

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure how old my baby is but he is pretty young. I have been having problems with him eating anything. I know they can get relocation stress but its been long enough that he should be over that now. He has no problem with me picking him up he actually seems pretty calm about it. I see everyone talking about "cuddles" and I want cuddles too! Lol sorry if that sounds childish. I feel like whenever I take Parker out to "cuddle" he gets too cold. I have a fan in my room that's usually on whenever the light is on. I tried putting him in a blanket after his bath but he crawled out. I don't know if I should try cuddles with blankets or without lol. And since I don't have any lights on or UTH at night for Parker I thought maybe a blanket would help keep him a little warmer.

I also saw someone had stuffies in the viv with their beardies so I put a little tiger stuffie I have in there with him to see if he cuddles with it lol.

LooptyLoo

alicatxo":2hndoz4n said:
My little guy is about 9 weeks old now and he falls asleep on me almost every night and I started to wrap him in a piece of polar-fleece while he's on me sleeping and then place him back in his cage and he sleeps wrapped in it all night and crawls out in the morning when his lights come on, and cuddles it during the day too... he loooves blankets. He will crawl under the blanket while laying on me too, or under my shirt or sweater lol!

This is what I do, too! After her bath, I wrap her up in her towel. She falls asleep on me, I transfer her to her bed and then cover her up with her blanket. (She's 4 months old.) She stays there until lights on in the morning.

It is not childish to want cuddles. I really really want to have a neat relationship with my baby, too, lol! Maybe cover Parker up at night after he falls asleep in his viv? That way he'll be warm and start getting used to a blankie.

And I am soooo buying my baby a stuffie :lol:

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aww :3 thats so cute! I just want My Parker to be healthy like all the other baby beardies. He still isn't eating on his own and I don't know when I should consider taking him to the vet.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Looptyloo I wouldnt give a bath right before bedtime to avoid the extra chill. I always give a bath at least two hrs before bedtime so he is completely dry before turning off the lights. I believe since they absorb water in thier skin their skin is still somewhat moist even if you towel dry them. Plus if you dont dry everything like arm pits and etc they would get chilled.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
sometimes Dargon will climb up in his box and sleep on his blankets. most of the time he passes out wherever he is and we have to cover him.

Tasty Treat tucks herself in. if the blanket is up a little at one spot she will climb underneath it and go to sleep. it's so cute.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh my gosh thats just precious. And I love the names of your beardies lol. My little guy will usually fall asleep where he is as well so I move him on the his stuffie and cover him a little. It doesnt get very cold in my room. My room is normally the hottest room in the house. When its lights on time I usually have to wake him up and put him in his basking area cause he just doesnt wanna wake up lol like his mommy :)

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
I bought some fleece fabric and made little blankets for my beardies. Neither one willingly go into them despite them having hides with comfy blankies in there. After I give them baths, I typically wrap them up and put them in my lap where they get warm and cozy. After about an hour snooze they will get up and want to move around so I let them exercise.

Since neither of my dragons really grew up being pampered, they will generally fall asleep wherever they are. Hermes sleeps on his basking log and Sienna will sleep on her slate stone. Since her health isn't the greatest, she doesn't move around much. Only when food is present or if she needs to cool down. If I put her in her viv on a blanket the night before and she wakes up on it, she literally lays on it all day. Honestly I think she's scared of it and doesn't know what to do so she lays flat like she's trying to hide (she has the same reaction to baths).

Jaycies

Valerie":gjx09szl said:
Looptyloo I wouldnt give a bath right before bedtime to avoid the extra chill. I always give a bath at least two hrs before bedtime so he is completely dry before turning off the lights. I believe since they absorb water in thier skin their skin is still somewhat moist even if you towel dry them. Plus if you dont dry everything like arm pits and etc they would get chilled.
I'm with LooptyLou too and also have a beardie. After we bathe them, they get cuddles in a towel for at least that amount of time before bed so no worries! :D

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
That is good to know. I have been told not to give a bath right before bed time so I was spreading the word even if it was misinformative.lol But it made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom