Bearded Dragon will not eat bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer892

My beardie will not touch his/her crics or grasshoppers. Only the greens, I am ordering soime reptiworms today. So I am hoping that it will eat those. Any tips to make my beardie insects? :?:

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
You might have better luck with the worms. Mine didn't want anything to do with anything but worms and collard greens for about a month, then he finally branched out to crickets. I also had to hand feed him worms at the start, now he'll run to the glass and go crazy when he sees the plate coming his way.

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
Are they alive?
I haven't seen many places that sell live grasshoppers, but I know people can buy them in canned form and such. If the insect isn't alive, it's a lot harder for your dragon's "prey" instinct to kick in. Even from hatchlings they automatically want something that's moving.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Haku hates crickets. I had really good luck with the repti worms until one day I opened the jar and huge fly flew out and I freaked out and dropped the whole thing everywhere and my cat ate a worm. It was a big mess. But, as long as you feed them quickly that shouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom