Help getting my bearded dragon to eat her greens

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Cole
She really likes carrot and butternut squash purée. But I was trying to stop that because she’s been having diarrhea. She was eating the greens plain two days ago. Now she only wants the carrot purée. I haven’t really given it to her because I was trying to get her to not eat it. Is there any drier foods that I can try to help her eat her greens? Or should I just wait until she is hungry for the plain ones again? I’ve tried bee pollen, green peppers, cilantro, and solid butternut squash and carrots. She doesn’t care for those. I try not to give her many new things at once. Most of the time she does not want to try it. She cares a little bit for the carrots but not all the time. She likes a flower food topper. But the bag says to give it 3-4 times a week. And she won’t touch the flowers if I try to give it to her with a green.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Most of the days she was eating her greens plain. Although I don’t think she was very enthusiastic about it. Sometimes she won’t eat it for a day then go back to eating it. She would have normally gone back to eating them by now. But, maybe this time it is just longer.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Most of the days she was eating her greens plain. Although I don’t think she was very enthusiastic about it. Sometimes she won’t eat it for a day then go back to eating it. She would have normally gone back to eating them by now. But, maybe this time it is just longer.
I was thinking of trying a endive

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
The day she Dosent eat them is normally the day she will poop. She will eat her crickets just fine. And sometimes the purée. But I haven’t been trying to give that to her. She pooped yesterday. Maybe she needs to poop again?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes just offer her plain greens, I thought you had switched back over a week or 2 ago ? Please give it time. It's not difficult to do, it was recommended quite a while ago. Come on now Toad , you can do this for Cole !

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Yes just offer her plain greens, I thought you had switched back over a week or 2 ago ? Please give it time. It's not difficult to do, it was recommended quite a while ago. Come on now Toad , you can do this for Cole !
Ok, yes I have been giving plain for a week or two. Some days she just does not care for them at all. And I’ve been trying to find a topper she likes as much as her last one. Thank you very much!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom