Baths when sheading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Hello!

I was just wondering if you give them more baths when they are sheading? We give chimera a bath everyday for about 15 to 20 mins. Does it help when sheading to bathe more offten?

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,

Yes, more baths helps your beardie to shed more easily. I usually give Reggie a bath every night/every other night and gently rub him with a soft, worn toothbrush. You can use an old toothbrush that has been softened and worn, or a baby's toothbrush. As long as it is soft. Simply rub the toothbrush on shedding patches in and out of the bath whenever you have the time or you're handling him. Some shedding patches can come right off.

Good luck, my beardie is a grouch when he's shedding....

-- Jacqui

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yep hes a little bit grouchy. :angry5: He gives me the evil eye every time i bring out his bathtub :cry: When i do my dishes i place his bath on the counter so i can watch him and do my chorse at the same time. Thank for the info about the toothbrush he might like that!

wlflana

Juvie Member
When stewie is shedding I give her a preliminary bath and then let her rub around in the tub, ours has sort of a rough bottom. This usually gets her going really well and when she gets out she has shed much of the loosened skin.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
bdp7150":c5e43 said:
this is not a high jack the thread , but my dragon is 8 wks old and how often should i give him a bath?

Dragons generally need baths about 2 times a week. I give mine a bath every other day. But at least once a week for 20 mins should be O.K., as long as he's getting hydrated.

The reason I give mine a bath so often is I don't have as much free time for bathing a dragon, so I give mine 10 minute baths every other day instead.

Watch with a dragon that young. They have a tendency to fall asleep in the water, and stuff like that.

-- Jacqui

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I do mine so often due to me sometimes having to cut them short and i cant count on my kiddo to sit and watch him for 20 mins every few days. Shes 15 but teens get bored fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom