Poop Normal?

Zucchini

Original Poster
Nora is about 14 months old. She has been a bit crankyer lately but over all seems healthy. She is not a fan of veggies but we try to give give them to her everyday. Her favorites are Silkworms, Hornworms, and Dubias. She will tolerate squash, greens, and berries. I just wanted to make sure this poop looks ok. The poop was well formed but the Urate is very runny. Im wondering if she is over hydrated.

Zucchini

Original Poster
20240217_092132.jpg

Attachments

• 20240217_092117.jpg
    20240217_092117.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240217_092106.jpg
    20240217_092106.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 28

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look pretty watery there. What fluids are you giving her? No blood or anything. Silkworms & hornworms are high in water content, so those are most likely the culprit of the watery urates.
How often do you give berries? If fruit is given too often that can sometimes cause looser stools.
She is a beautiful girl!

Tracie

Zucchini

Original Poster
Hello,

That does look pretty watery there. What fluids are you giving her? No blood or anything. Silkworms & hornworms are high in water content, so those are most likely the culprit of the watery urates.
How often do you give berries? If fruit is given too often that can sometimes cause looser stools.
She is a beautiful girl!

Tracie
Thank you....She is very sweet. The only fluids she gets is in her food.

She gets alot of Bugs. She will eat as many as you give her. We provid Dubias, Hornworms, and silkworms. I get 50 silkworms every other week, 24 Hornworms a month, and a couple hundred medium dubias.

We offer her a salad of Arugula or Swiss chard, acorn squash, sweet potatoe, and a couple blueberries with a wiggly worm topping. She tries to pick all the worms off the top. Sometimes she will get a bite of salad with the worm. She is so lazy when it comes to her salad if We want her to eat it we have to hand feed it to her. She will just open her mouth and let us put the greens in. I can almost feeling her roll her eyes at us. She will eat max 10 small pieces of squash and sweet potatoe.

I have considered holding off on all Bugs until she eats a good salad but then she makes me feel bad.

Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• 20240222_142144.jpg
    20240222_142144.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240222_142308.jpg
    20240222_142308.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom