are halogen bulbs good for basking 75watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoeseG

We got some in at work and I wanted to see if they were good to use as a basking light since I've seen some at petco and we got some at work and can get one for free

They are fine to use in my opinion...I use a Halogen flood light 50 watt in my 40 gallon tank and it gives out more heat and you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes in packs of 2 or 4 for cheaper than buying one reptile basking light at petsmart or petco. I don't know what size tank you have but maybe you want to get a dimmer just in case the 75 watt is too hot. :D

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
I used a halogen flood light for my basking light and it worked great. All you need is something that puts off lots of bright clear light and enough heat to get your temps right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom