What timer for lights?

zonkey

Original Poster
Hello all!!
I am looking for a timer for the lights for my enclosure so that they will turn on for the morning and off at night automatically. I have no idea how these things work lol, I’ve heard some say you could just use like a Christmas tree timer?? Can you guys point me to a good one to use and also how do they work, is it simple?? What do I need to know?
Thanks!!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello all!!
I am looking for a timer for the lights for my enclosure so that they will turn on for the morning and off at night automatically. I have no idea how these things work lol, I’ve heard some say you could just use like a Christmas tree timer?? Can you guys point me to a good one to use and also how do they work, is it simple?? What do I need to know?
Thanks!!!!
Do you have a timer? Plug your lights in to the timer and set the time for on and off -- I have a cheap one from Walmart basic timer I use it when I am going to be gone for over a night etc --

zonkey

Original Poster
Do you have a timer? Plug your lights in to the timer and set the time for on and off -- I have a cheap one from Walmart basic timer I use it when I am going to be gone for over a night etc --
I see!! I don’t, I’m trying to find the right one as I know nothing about them, so I’ll look into that one!! Can you plug multiple lights into it or how do they work?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I see!! I don’t, I’m trying to find the right one as I know nothing about them, so I’ll look into that one!! Can you plug multiple lights into it or how do they work?
I have a simple timer w/ 2 outlets on it - I take my power strip and plug into the timer which plugs into the wall -- set your timer for on time and off time --

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Yes a timer is a timer. I fell for the green one at the pet store (I forgot the brand)- it hums after awhile but it does the job. I also purchased it on sale but you can totally get it cheaper elsewhere. Don't overspend. Spend your money on dubias!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom