Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Leo loves to swim, too, but I have to fill the bathtub and I don't always have time. Even so, he moves around in the sink & he's quite firm, too. He's the one that my vet says has high blood pressure, but it's hard to diagnose and treat in a beardie so I've left it at him eating only roaches and bok choy and butternut squash. Last Nov his blood panel showed high liver/kidney results, so we decided to switch him off supers and collards and within 6 mo his results were back to normal. So now only Lonzo eats supers, to keep his weight up, as he loses really quickly.

I love the colours of both of them, so bright!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Isn't that something that he had high blood pressure. Great that changing his diet a little brought everything back to normal. Loki only gets 2 supers a day & always eats all of his greens, he loves turnip greens. Is Lonzo's wt good now?

Their personalities & colors are so different. She can't wait to shed her head & he can't wait to shed his beard lol.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Angie is such a daddy's girl, always needing his love and attention, and comforting when she's not feeling well (even if it's only a shed).
What does she do if you guys don't change the disc fast enough? She would love going into a bookstore and listen to all of the audio CDs ;)

Loki looked so cute and sleepy. Does he like to be covered up in the blanket?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
If we don't change it fast enough, she just stays there but WHIPS her head around waiting for us to notice that the man stopped talking to her. Geez, would never get her out of a bookstore!

Loki loves the blanket. He sleeps on top of his fuzzy gecko and with his blanket under that. He also likes it when Josh holds him with the blanket over top of him, his eyes get heavier & heavier.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
diamc":oksb45c4 said:
Geez, would never get her out of a bookstore!
:idea: You should volunteer her for library reading time with the kids!

diamc":oksb45c4 said:
Loki loves the blanket. He sleeps on top of his fuzzy gecko and with his blanket under that. He also likes it when Josh holds him with the blanket over top of him, his eyes get heavier & heavier.
Loki sure loves Josh, huh? :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes Gina, Loki & Josh adore each other. He is in his room and he's his beardie. He's in the same tank that Judas used to be in.
PhotoBug":3g76j9bu said:
You need to post a vid with Angie listening...and then when it stops!! She is a riot and has quite the personality.
That's a good idea, I will have to do that. :mrgreen:

My poor girl looked so pathetic when I got home. The whole top of her head is gray as well as all around her eyes, part of her back, an area on her tail and a front & back foot look like they have socks on. Even though she had a bath yesterday, the top of her head was a little flat. Boy, when they are getting ready to shed, it sure draws the moisture out of their bodies. :( I got her to drink some diluted cherry juice from a dropper, she really liked that. I also gave her a bath and she let me put some warm water over her head. The skin on her right foot is so shiny & tight, she kept picking it up & putting it back down like it was bothering her. Sure hope at least some of the shed starts lifting tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know, they get so miserable when shedding, especially as adults, because it takes so much longer for the shed to loosen. Poor Angie, give her a hug for me.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I gave her extra cuddles for you Deb. Still no sign of it lifting yet although she was a little perkier tonight than she was last night. She hadn't eaten any feeders in 3 days, had been nibbling on her greens a little I think. Today, we got a feeder order from Lindasgonebuggie and she ate 1 butter & a small horn so that was good.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello everyone, I want to introduce you to Laura, named for Laura Ingalls Wilder from Little House on the Prairie by her previous family.

A woman on this forum that lives about 2 hrs from us had to find a new home for her as her husband got transferred to Tx and they couldn't take her with them. She asked if I knew someone in the area or if I would consider it. So, we said YES. We got her yesterday and she is settling in nicely. She is a red morph and will be 2 yrs old in January. She came with her 40 gallon breeder and total setup so I put everything the same way she was used to to help make her more comfortable. She ate 23 crickets from my fingers this morning and 10 this afternoon. She hadn't eaten yesterday and not much the day before so I was happy to see her eating so well.

This was taken earlier today, it's obvious that she was a little stressed.

She loves the Harry Potter audio CD's too and here she is intently listening to it.

And, Angie listening to it at the same time. :) Angie was arm waving to her this afternoon, I believe she was telling her that everything was ok, that she wants to be friends. If it was the other way around, I would have been a little concerned as it would have meant that Laura was uneasy and submissive to her, that she knew Angie was the boss.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Liz. I have always loved that show too. An 8 yr old boy picked out her name. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom