Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
She's absolutely stunning!
Nice that she ate something for you too!
Do I see some attitude in those beautiful little eyes? :lol:

LaszlosLens

Hatchling Member
Diane, glad to see she's arrived safe. I told you not to worry! That girl has been fed SO incredibly well and has been rehabilitated from her dark hole I found her in. O hope she totally forgets about being mean!

So do you like her? :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
LaszlosLens":39ei8w6o said:
So do you like her? :wink:
Now that's a silly question... :lol:
We all know that Diane loves her already. :love5:

BTW...LaszosLens I hope they get those wildfires under control soon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
DIANE, SHE THERE! I missed all the excitement, but read every post. So glad she got there & already eating! That is marvelous & she is so beautiful, great choice. And already snuggling with you. I knew she'd love you, how could she not? And you're off tomorrow to spend time with her, too. She'll get used to her new home very quickly, I can tell. Now for the bath, after she's really warm give it a try, she might turn out to be a swimmer!

You're going to have so much fun with her. Gotta go feel my crew, but will try to check in before I go to work.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Deb & my boys!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Good morning Laszlo. :wink: Yes, you did tell me that she would be fine but I couldn't help but worry especially with those fires there, hope they are calming down. Is that close to you? We love her already. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful girl, I bet you miss her.

Well, she had a short bath, at first she just laid in my hand in the water and then I slid her down onto the wet towel. She just sat there but when I put a drop of water on her nose, she climbed up the side of the container lol. I picked her up and she was fine, held her for a little while and then Josh was stroking her beard, she liked that. When he stopped, she moved toward him and laid on his chest for a little while and closed her eyes while he was stroking her. She really likes him. I went to put her back in her tank and she willingly climbed back onto her log and is all stretched out now. She looks quite content. She only puffed out her beard a little when I went to pick her up out of her tank which is actually understandable. I think she's gonna calm right down and be a lover.

Thanks so much Deb, I was hoping you would check in.

I took a few pics of her laying in my hand in her bath which I will download so you can see how small she is.

LaszlosLens

Hatchling Member
Ugh, yes. The fires. We've already had 3 this spring and it doesn't look like its going to let up. I'm not too close, but I can smell it from my resturant along the foothills. Please pray for our forests very sad very sad.

LaszlosLens

Hatchling Member
The coolest thing about her color is her smoky grey purple sidebars... Yes I will miss her. My wife, not so much. She's a badass lizard.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hope the wildfires will be out very soon. Hope you don't completely lose your forests.

Yes, her sidebars are absolutely stunning. I really think she will calm down the more she is handled and will be fine. She has been through quite a few adjustments in her short life. Right now she is glass dancing at her reflection. I did put one of the blue shop towels down in her tank to help her feel familiar to something.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Her colors and patterns are absolutely amazing! What a gorgeous girl you have there, Diane!
What a relief that she arrived safe and sound, and ready to eat no less. So happy to hear that she's already snuggling with Josh and willing to be picked up and held.
Yeah, there's no doubt that her bad girl attitude would be tamed in no time. I can see her being an appendage to you guys real fast :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Gina. I'm impressed about how much she has accomplished already, has had a bath, gotten snuggles, ate, snuggled into my hand, likes being petted. I know she will be fine. When I first got 2 of my other beardies, they acted nervously in the beginning too so this is no surprise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom