Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Oh, I am! She has some stress marks but that's to be expected. She's enjoying soaking up the heat.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just woke up and had to check on Angeline! i am delighted to see that she's home already. That was a long day in that box for her. I expected to have to wait until I got home to see that she arrived. It's nice sometimes to be 3 hours behind the east coast.

Congrats, Dane. Now you have another beardie to snuggle and care for. It seems like she will be one good snuggler.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I've been sitting here in tears fighting with my computer for nearly 3 hours trying to just get online to be here for this.
I'm glad she's there and all went well with getting her early in the morning.

Congratulations Diane, family, and little one! :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thank you all so much. She's enjoying basking, right directly under the heat bulb and Arcadia bulb and flattened out. It's a wonder she doesn't have whiplash because of the way she is whipping her head around looking at everything. She was making motions that she wanted to eat but wouldn't take a butter, dubia or greens out of my fingers yet. I put a few greens on her basking log and there are 2 butters wiggling around on the tiles.

Sorry you're having so many computer issues Barb. You can have happy tears with me now.

Thanks Barb. :love5: :love5:

I'm gonna attempt to download some pics.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Oh what an exciting adventure she had! Sounds like she's ok and not aggressive with you, hopefully she will stay super sweet. :love5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Not to worry they quickly changed to happy tears once I found out she was home safe and sound. :D

It's a good thing I can not find a hammer or I'd beat this thing to death. LOL

Goodie pic's! (Please PB!)
I'm definitely not logging off or walking away from this computer till I see them. :)

Again CONGRATULATIONS! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

She's actually smaller than she appears in the pictures. She started smacking and ate 2 small dubias and 2 small crickets out of my fingers. Then she grabbed a butter worm off the tiles. :D She just ate 2 more crickets from my fingers.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
She's beautiful and alert and looks great, Diane! She's ORANGE like really orange! I love orange beardies. :love5: :love10:

And she has the stripiest fingers and hands I've ever seen - stripes all the way down to her nails. Love her!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes, she sure is alert. Wonder if it's unique to have the stripes on the toes and feet like that. I know she sure is colorful!

She's full now. She hasn't opened her mouth in fear at all, she was so hungry though that she caught my fingernail with her 1st cricket lol.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Those pics are kinda fuzzy. I want to give her a bath but don't want to make her too nervous plus she needs to digest. Oh, there was a healthy looking poop in the box. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom