40 Gal Breeder Custom Lid and Basking Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

czuber

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now to do something on the inside. I didn't want to take up all the floor space so I made a little more compact design

I didn't get any grouting pics since I did that in my basement. But I put on four coats and two coats of sealer

czuber

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update: My guy is full grown now and has done some damage to my structure mainly scratching off the grout. I pulled it out this week to maybe redo it or start over. Right now he just has his big piece of driftwood in there he likes to climb and sleep on.

USCgrad

the lid looks amazing..i am always in awe how talented people are with wood working, a gift, i have sadly never been able to develop...

Perfecthair

This looks so amazing, you wouldn't happen to still have the measurements for your wood cuts would you? I would like to try something like this. Great job

kwagam

Hey,

I'm watched some tanks posted i this forum and... are all people so minimalist with those tanks? Maybe there are two schools of building those tanks... in my country people build in different way - they try to stick more to nature conditions.

For example:

http://www.terrarium.pl/topic/311327-2x-terrarium-dla-agamy-brodatej-180x50x50/

http://www.terrarium.pl/topic/295042-fotorelacja-z-budowy-terrarium-dla-agamy-brodatej/

Just look at last pictures. And ofc it's everything handmade.

I'm not judging, just never thought that it can be so different. Seems many people just throw 1-2 pieces of wood and thats almost all. Is this correct?

rempop

I think that part of it depends on the age of the beardie and on if it is a temporary enclosure.
My Blaze has a hammock that I made a piece of driftwood that I bought and a hunk of wood that my husband found and wanted for his snake but he never chiseled out enough of the interior for his baby to use as a hide.

This is a temporary tank just for a couple more months as we are building an enclosure where the gas fireplace was in our living room. :blob5:
There will be so much more we can do with that space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom