13" from reptisun

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
My dragon can only get 13" from her reptisun. The box says it works up to 20" but I have heard that they need to be closer. What is the max distance she can be away from it? Any ideas on getting her closer?
DSC_0759.jpg

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
he should be able to get within 6 inches of that. perhaps you can add a good branch to get him up there

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I wonder if I put a reptile ladder up and moved the magnetic platform higher if she would use that or if that would be too much work. I've only had her for a day and she seems to love the lower basking platform (reaches 109* in the hottest spot) but isn't crazy about the magnetic platform. I may look around and see if I could get a stick that would work. I would appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks
Sara

Epic

Juvie Member
GoFast":e66d9 said:
he should be able to get within 6 inches of that. perhaps you can add a good branch to get him up there

This is true for UVB only lights, but definitely not MVB's. 6" away from an MVB and you'll fry your little one. 13" is ok, I think it could even go a little higher.Do some searching on here for MVB distances, and you'll be able to find your answer.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Reptisun is a UVB and I added a stick so she can get within 6 or 8 inches (need to measure for sure) of it. She hasn't used the stick yet that I've seen :( .
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom