Lights

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I got a flukers basking bulb 100W it is in a 150w dome. The bulb only reaches 94.1 degrees. It says that it should reach 106 at 18’’ away but I have it closer and it still doesn’t reach that. I need it to reach atleast 105 degrees since I have a baby. I do have a dome that fits 60w but idk if that would be safe for a 100w bulb. What do I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got a flukers basking bulb 100W it is in a 150w dome. The bulb only reaches 94.1 degrees. It says that it should reach 106 at 18’’ away but I have it closer and it still doesn’t reach that. I need it to reach atleast 105 degrees since I have a baby. I do have a dome that fits 60w but idk if that would be safe for a 100w bulb. What do I do?
Keep it in the 150 watt dome go to a 150 watt bulb

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I actually got it to reach 100 degrees just by changing the basking surface and having it pretty close to the bulb. He has the choice to move if wanted and I check the basking surface regularly. I was using a hammock but Changed it to wood

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I actually got it to reach 100 degrees just by changing the basking surface and having it pretty close to the bulb. He has the choice to move if wanted and I check the basking surface regularly. I was using a hammock but Changed it to wood
Ok so long as the bulb is not closer than 6 inches

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Having multiple distances is the best option anyway, they will choose the temp they like. Once you see where he hangs out the most you could use a probe and see what the temp is in that spot and have a good idea what your dragon likes. That way if you make decor changes, or take him on trips ect, you know what temp to aim for.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I actually got it to reach 100 degrees just by changing the basking surface and having it pretty close to the bulb. He has the choice to move if wanted and I check the basking surface regularly. I was using a hammock but Changed
Having multiple distances is the best option anyway, they will choose the temp they like. Once you see where he hangs out the most you could use a probe and see what the temp is in that spot and have a good idea what your dragon likes. That way if you make decor changes, or take him on trips ect, you know what temp to aim for.
actually it was pretty close like 3 to 4 inches from light where he stayed so what I did was put aluminum foil on the top and moved down the wood so it wasn’t so close but still kept the same temp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom