MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
How would you guys treat MBD? Iknow you can use liquid calcium, but how much? And use there anything else you can do?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately there's no good vet in my area I have a brand new UVB currently and I just put it in after 6 months of the old one and we were giving him calcium three times a week so I don't know how we could have it but it's the only thing that makes sense he's having a hard time walking so I don't know I plan on getting an x-ray to confirm it but like I said it's the only thing that makes sense

Iloverex":302tiupx said:
Unfortunately there's no good vet in my area I have a brand new UVB currently and I just put it in after 6 months of the old one and we were giving him calcium three times a week so I don't know how we could have it but it's the only thing that makes sense he's having a hard time walking so I don't know I plan on getting an x-ray to confirm it but like I said it's the only thing that makes sense
Dust his food once every day with Calcium d3 or if you have the liquid then do that instead. Black soldier fly larvae are nutritious and high in protein/calcium so you that may help him. Most importantly, he probably developed MBD from a bad UV source. If you have a regular bulb UV light get rid of it and buy either a 10.0 reptisun t5 HO tube light or an arcadia 12% t5 ho tube light. This will stop the mbd from progressing. While you are waiting for your new lights to come in the mail, if the weather is warm and the sun is out then let him bask in the natural sun light, it is 1000x better than any artificial lighting humans produce.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's barely eating lately. He has proper uvb lighting. We've always dusted his food. Which is why it seems crazy that he'd have it, but i don't know what else it'd be. Walking strange and not eating, gets black beard often, etc...
For quite a while i took my dragons to a local vet, but over the years I've come to realize he doesn't know as much as he claims. I pretty much just go there if i need an xray or blood work and get feed back from people on here (usually cooper, AHBD, or Traci) if it seems my dragons are having issues. But with what's been going on with Copper (my youngest) has got me freaking. I just don't understand what's up with him. He does have ADV. And he did grow pretty fast. But he's still fairly small for being just about a year old (400 grams). I think it was Cooper that had the thought that maybe with his growing so fast, it kinda drew from what his bones needed to be healthy. If that makes sense. So, like i said, I'm gonna get an xray, but aside from that i don't know what else to do at the moment. Do you know how to properly dose liquid calcium? I've used it in the past for a different dragon, but i got the dosing from the vet i no longer have confidence in.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon is having trouble! You are using the Reptisun 10 or the Reptisun 10 T5 for
him? Which liquid calcium & type are you using now, one from your vet? I can help dose it
if you have a strength of the solution & his weight.
Is he having trouble walking or climbing?
Many times when they grow so rapidly that their bones can become leached. Also, with adeno,
that can cause malabsorption issues, too.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yes i have reptisun 10
I don't have liquid calcium yet, want to get xray first to confirm, otherwise the liquid calcium could be dangerous right?
Yes he has trouble walking

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ooh I see. Does your vet have liquid calcium or has he offered it?
Yes, I do sell a couple of formulas of liquid calciums. As long as it's dosed & used properly,
then it isn't dangerous at all. I'm sorry he is having some trouble walking, poor guy.
When are you planning on getting the x-rays?

Tracie

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Is is odd to get MBD with correct lighting and supplements. It could be a lighting placement issue:

Is your 10.0 t8 or t5? Is it mounted in the cage or over a screen? How far is it from the basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom