Sand or no sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! New Beardie owner here. My question is regarding the flooring for the tank. I see some people use sand, some dont... mine is sand/reptile carpet. I will remove the sand if I shouldn't use it?
82975-6692424826.jpg

PogoLover

Juvie Member
I am new here, but I did a lot of research before I got my dragon. I have read on most sites that sand is not good for non-adult dragons (not full grown), but reptile carpet is fine for all of them. Apparently, the young ones will eat some of the sand with their food and then potentially get impacted bowels, which can kill them. I have my new guy (about 8 weeks old) on ceramic tile (because I happened to have some the perfect size laying around) - I was going to use the reptile carpet until I found the tile.

AmyChris07

Original Poster
Alright so after TONS OF reading today I finally decided why worry about all the negatives with the sand and just purchase the "Sand Mat". Love the new set up and I think so does Spike :)
82975-8430406199.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom