Loose substrate questions — preparation for Leo’s new enclosure & Boxing Day sales

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Perfect! This was very helpful, I think I’ll try the sand and clay mix for now. I have the red desert sand blend as well, so I’ll pick up some excavator clay and hope for the best. I’ll take your advice and see what he likes, I have a friend who uses the sand and clay mix without issue so I’ll try taking some information from him as well.

I use Wipeout disinfectant right now, should that work with the substrate?
Keep us posted, it's always good to get new ideas and experiences from other people.

That could work for spot cleaning the poop, I guess. A spray will get more area done is less time though. But I've never had wipeouts so I can only guess ;)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I have desert sand in my terrarium, I want to talk about how I clean it. I remove the poop from the sand, after that, using a scoop, I remove part of the sand - a circle with a diameter of 4 inches and a couple of inches deep, I fill the hole with new sand. I wash the dirty sand in running water and pour it into a large bucket. when enough of it has accumulated, I bake it in the oven and return it to the terrarium.
It should be noted that Foxy does not like to go to the toilet in the terrarium, so I do not do this procedure often.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Keep us posted, it's always good to get new ideas and experiences from other people.

That could work for spot cleaning the poop, I guess. A spray will get more area done is less time though. But I've never had wipeouts so I can only guess ;)
Wipeout is a brand, it comes in a spray. Wipes with loose substrate wouldn’t end well, Id guess 🤣 I’ll keep you all posted

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wipeout is a brand, it comes in a spray. Wipes with loose substrate wouldn’t end well, Id guess 🤣 I’ll keep you all posted
Be careful spraying the wipeout on the substrate, it is ammonia based and ammonia is toxic. Make sure to air it out to zero fumes before you put him back in. Personally I do like NickAVD and remove enough to get all the poop and urine and just add more new when I've thinned it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom