Sand soil mix

Jeffvan

Hi wanna do a 50/50 sand soil mix in my bearded dragons tank but a lot of confusing info some say it's safe to do some say it's not so which one is it lol I know it has to be organic soil with no additives

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi wanna do a 50/50 sand soil mix in my bearded dragons tank but a lot of confusing info some say it's safe to do some say it's not so which one is it lol I know it has to be organic soil with no additives
Use play sand from a home improvement store --- and organic soil w/ NO additives --

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
I think it's a great idea. As long as your guy gets proper hydration and good basking temps like he should you will be fine.

When I was researching this subject, I found this video quite informative and it helped quell any concerns.

Here is a breeder that has been doing it for years with great success. He has some good info on it too.

Go for it. You won't regret it.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I've used it- I have no concerns. Rocky just stands in his box every now and again. I just put it in his enclosure to make him feel close to nature because I am scared to put him on the grass, sidewalk, well....basically I shield him from the air (but I loop my arm around him just enough so he can get sun)!
Rocky ignore the box98% of the time. Be mindful because it could be a dusty situation at first until you figure out the balance.

I thought about it for Ruby but I want him to get a little older and he will probably throw it at me.

Good luck.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom