Helping right top soil for digbox?

zonkey

Original Poster
Hi all! Today I’m going to be on the hunt for safe top soil so I can make a digbox for my adult beardie. I think she may be gravid. Anyways I know it needs to be non-fertilized and organic(?) but I need help just with knowing the specific ingredients or contents I guess that I should be AVOIDING. I’m going to try a few stores locally and see if they have anything that matches. But I really want to be sure it’s safe. So please, let me know what I need to check for before buying anything.

Same for the play sand.

Thanks all!!

PS! Here’s a pic of Martha having a soak :] She’s a rescue and has MBD, so I’m trying to do whatever I can to help her out.

Attachments

• IMG_4848.jpeg
    IMG_4848.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 37

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She looks quite happy 😊
Be sure to read the ingredients list. Most stuff has chicken, cow or both menure it. I use reptisoil mixed with play sand for my girls.

zonkey

Original Poster
She looks quite happy 😊
Be sure to read the ingredients list. Most stuff has chicken, cow or both menure it. I use reptisoil mixed with play sand for my girls.
Okay! So that would be what the non-fertilized means? (If I’m understanding right, lol I don’t know anything about agriculture or gardening 😂)

zonkey

Original Poster
IMG_4854.jpeg
IMG_4855.jpeg

Here’s what I’ve found at the first store so far. The orange one is organic, the purple one is just the Ace hardware brand. Would either of these be safe? I’m going to check some other stores too

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom