Gender/morph help

Have questions or comments about these cute little guys?

Gender/morph help

Postby Tourmaline » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I got my first ever Leopard Gecko yesterday. I've had my eye on it for a few weeks now. It's very easy to handle, and it seemed like no one wanted it because of it's coloring. I like it a lot though.

I just wanted to see if anyone could help me figure out gender, I cannot tell. I think it's a female, though. It's 6 inches, so it's at the age where you should be able to tell. I also wanted to know what morph it is, it doesn't look like it's extremely common. I had difficulty finding anything that looked like it online.
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Tourmaline
Newbie Poster

Re: Gender/morph help

Postby HylianHealeys » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:55 am

You have a female — the easiest way to tell is to look for a V-shaped line of pores near the tail, which would indicate male (https://www.reptifiles.com/leopard-geck ... ko-sexing/).

As for morph, it's really hard to say for surewithout knowing genetics. However, the forums at Geckos Unlimited have a whole section for identifying leopard gecko morphs. (http://www.geckosunlimited.com/communit ... genetics-/) You might want to try there. :)
Mariah Healey
Author of several care guides on ReptiFiles, The Reptile Blog for Reptile People
See my research on beardie husbandry in my Bearded Dragon Care Guide
HylianHealeys
Juvie Poster

Re: Gender/morph help

Postby Tourmaline » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 am

Thank you! I had a feeling it was a female going by some comparison pictures, but I wasn't very sure if maybe she was a younger male. I had a name picked out in case she was female, her name is Artemis.

And thank you for the forum link, I was having a hard time finding a Gecko forum that was active within the last 2 years. That's why I figured I'd post here and see if any Leopard Gecko owners come on this forum.
Tourmaline
Newbie Poster

Return to Geckos