Zoey's Tales and Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess after almost 300 posts, it's time Zoey has her own thread. :) Things may be a little out of order...today is August 19th and we got her on August 1st. She was 8 weeks old at the time. She is already spoiled rotten, she has me trained better than most dogs and she has me wrapped around her little finger. She loves to mess with me but I seem to be the only one who doesn't recognize it. Some of things she has done will be repeated from other's posts because honestly they are quite comical sometimes, in hind site of course.

And there will be pics that have been taken along the way. I am going to try my best to keep it in order, but I can't promise anything! :D Hope you enjoy!!

Tracey

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Crisandre":ipzg07hr said:
I have a feeling that Zoey is a pampered little girl. She's such a delicate baby. Isn't funny how these little bundles of joy have us wrapped around their little fingers? I don't know who the luckiest one is: us that we got such sweet babies so we can spoil them, or them that got us ready to do anything for them? :lol:
That's a toss up...I figure she doesn't remember it any other way so I feel luckier. :)

We just got done with Zoey's bath. I couldn't figure out why,, when I went to get her out of her viv, she was just so out of sorts. Wanting to just RUN (she never does that), climbing onto my shoulder and trying to get down my back, I put her in the sink (I always put a washcloth on the bottom so she has traction) and she was running full speed ahead to get out...I could go on and on, but I realized when I put her in the water that her belly is shedding! She actually started!! I felt so proud. lol Man she has me hooked.....

If my computer cooperates I will get the pics from my phone to photobucket and (fingers crossed) get them posted. :D I took a video too (while she was eye bulging..I hate that! But I don't know how to get it on here). One thing at a time pics first.....

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Picture time!!!

Our bath tonight. if you look you can see on her belly and her legs she is actually starting to shed!! It's about time!
Zoeybathshed1.jpg

This one isn't as clear as I would have liked, but look at that head tilt. :) She did that as soon as I pushed the button. SOO CUTE!!!
Zoeybath8242.jpg

This one is very orange, but I wanted to get a side shot to show how big she has gotten. I wanted to use the toothbrush again, but you can see how well that work. :roll:
Zoeybath8241.jpg

Not sure how i missed this one on my phone, but it was 2 days after we got her (Aug. 3, 2012) Look at how stressed she is. :(
Zoey8312.jpg

This was one I took yesterday, it kept showing up sideways, today it's fine. lol Look at the difference in the color on her head from when we got her. Big difference!!
prettygirl82312.jpg

My other child. Sully (aka Boo Boo Bear) He is not spoiled either. cough, cough
0105110018-00.jpg

Ok, that just might be enough pics for one post. :oops:

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I need some input. Everyone seems to agree that with the stinky poop, she has parasites. I have a vet appt. this morning at 10, but it's almost $60 just to walk in the door, then they need to do a fecal, meds for the parasites, etc. If I went for the mailing a stool sample out and having it checked that way, would I still have to take her to the vet for meds? I really don't want to have to spend more money than necessary not to mention she HATES the car and it will seriously stress her out. I will have to put her in a box I guess to get her there and it's about 15 minutes away. I don't want all the work I have put into her to get her to trust me and flush it down the toilet when I could just send out a sample and not freak the poor thing out. Oh yeah, and I don't have a fresh sample to give the vet. :(((( HELP!!!

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, so since my husband will do nothing except complain about Zoey, I had to cancel our appt for this morning with the vet. I can't hold her and drive (I couldn't figure out what to put her in in the car either and she HATES the car), I can't fill out papers and hold her, etc, etc., and god forbid he actually go with me. :angry5: So I have to wait until Mariah has a day off. So, since I woke her up early with those mean lights here are a few pics of cranky pants...I couldn't help myself. lol I always go pick her up, blankie and all around 11, and hold her until she wakes up. This way she gets warm and she can wake up on her own terms...usually takes at least an hour before she comes out. :roll:

Sorry most of them are so fuzzy, but it was through the glass. This is her series of "if you don't get that thing out of my face you WILL be sorry" face.
"Seriously Mommy, get outta here!!"
ZoeyAM825.jpg

"I hate this, I hate mornings, and if it takes me all day, you WILL be sorry you woke me up like this!!"
tooearrrrrly.jpg

"Aw, come on, leave me alone. Go bug the dog."
MommyNOOOO.jpg

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
JangoMom":15ukeccl said:
Zoey's a little cutie.. I loved all her pictures and reading about her.
Aw,thank you:) I am working on getting more pics on here. Still in the e-mailing them to myself process. lol I got some good ones today and 2 really funny ones. :)

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I'd love to see funny pics. Nim has a few in his thread. And some funny stories. :D Recent too. And Zoey is very beautiful. Nim is cute and ridiculous compared to your Queen. LOL, she has the same princess look in her eyes that our female tiel, Cookie has. :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My computer is so slow. I think it hates the heat so it slows down. lol I have about 1/2 of the pics on my computer, still have to get the other half, then photobucket. Figure, oh I don't know....3 hours?!? If I'm lucky!!! :roll:

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
All these hours later, I finally got the pics on photobucket and I'm ready to post. In my moody computer's defense, I wasn't working on pics the whole time. Zoey FINALLY started shedding today! She got her whole back off in one motion (yes, I took pics, but no I won't post them. lol), but her right front leg and tail have been tormenting her all day. I put her in the bath and the foot came right off (the shed, not the foot!!). It was cute, it was floating around in the sink and you could see where all of her fingers were. lol Her tail on the other hand...my poor baby...she was running around her viv, first time I saw her go over to the cool side, but it was because she was desperate to get rid of it. She was dragging her belly from one end of the tank to the other, climbing on everything that is in there, rubbing her face on the paper towels and her BFF log, eye bulging alot. I thank god I knew what that looked like or I would have been posting in the ER section. The worst part for me was when she would come over to the front of the cage so she was inches from my face and look at me with such a sad, pleading look. :( This is heartbreaking!!

Let's get to some pics. So I have been trying so hard to make sure her temps are high enough that she can bask comfortably. So, since her favorite thing in her viv is her log, I put the probe on that. Now after 3 weeks I know where to put it so it's out of her way. Well, somehow she managed to not only knock the probe down, but I caught her red handed in this position. That probe is round. And not easy to keep in place. Where she was sitting is, what I would think to be, impossible to do this....
825feelhottoyou.jpg

I swear she is really wanting to audition for a job with the circus. She didn't just do this for a second. On no, she was there for a WHILE. Maybe she thought she had a fever. I don't want to be the one to tell her she's cold blooded...
825amihot.jpg

I don't think I posted these yet and if I did, you get to see them twice!! :p
She spotted something and moved her head, but I thought it was so cute. I always put her comforter down right there because there is tile and I don't want her getting cold. I put the branch down thinking she might like to climb it. Not my princess...only a blankie is good enough for her!!
Zoeysooobig.jpg

This is one that came out sideways, but I think it's just priceless and I had to post it anyway. I practically made her get on the stick and the look on her face was pleading me to put the camera down and get her down NOW, this was not funny anymore...hehe...not to mention the sexy leg...who doesn't love a good sexy leg picture?? :)))
Zoeysexylegbranch.jpg

Tonja

BD.org Addict
What a cutie she is. Love the pics of her in her blankie with you waking her up. If looks could kil lol.

traceyb73":94uezb60 said:
I can't hold her and drive (I couldn't figure out what to put her in in the car either and she HATES the car), I can't fill out papers and hold her, etc, etc.,
I use a pet carrier used for small animals such as guinea pigs, etc that you can get fairly cheap at any pet store. My beardie was just full of parasites so it's best if you get her checked out ASAP. You don't want to possibly shorten the lifespan of your little one.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
champagne4amy":153vvoh8 said:
traceyb73":153vvoh8 said:
I can't hold her and drive (I couldn't figure out what to put her in in the car either and she HATES the car), I can't fill out papers and hold her, etc, etc.,
I use a pet carrier used for small animals such as guinea pigs, etc that you can get fairly cheap at any pet store. My beardie was just full of parasites so it's best if you get her checked out ASAP. You don't want to possibly shorten the lifespan of your little one.
I have to work with what I've got and I mean that in a number of ways.
I am literally only days into the smelly poop. When I got her she was parasite/worm free so this is not something that has been going on for a long time. Believe me, there is a bit more to it than just not being able to drive and hold her. I love this little thing almost as much as my daughter and I would never do anything to hurt her and I am doing everything in my power to fix it. :?

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Zoey has been feeling crappy as she is still in the process of trying to shed the little spot on her belly and 3/4 of her tail. I am thinking her face/head too but I don't see it yet. She has been rubbing her head on everything, poor little girl.

I did get some new pics yesterday of her out and about (in the house of course!) plus I FINALLY figured out how to fix all the pics that were upside down and sideways!!

With all the stuff we have had to buy to make sure she is happy, healthy and safe, the only things she would really like would be that silly log (her BFF), a shoe and a box. :roll: And all she really needed was a $1 house bulb and of course her reptisun 10. Why oh who have I spent so much money on things we didn't really need?? Ugh, anyway, here we go....

These are the ones I have been trying to get posted but they were sideways, upside down and backwards. Turns out all you have to do is right click. :oops:

Hi momma
Iloveyoumomma.jpg

Finally you get to see the one (right side up) when I put her on the branch so she could get a better view. She was not a happy camper but she was doing sexy leg which made it even cuter. :lol:
Zoeystick823-1.jpg

I think these are comical because she looks to me like she is trying to be the Geico gecko. hehe Doesn't she look like him?? :lol:
34-1.jpg

ithegeicogecko.jpg

Ok, now to yesterday...I let her go where she wanted. She was walking around and I called her name, she stopped and did this.
826youseeme.jpg

Then she decided she likes shoes, how cute is she? :)))
yuptheyloveme826onshoe.jpg

dismine.jpg

She learned how to tie the laces.
iprettyiknow.jpg

But she wasn't done yet.(she was doing so much licking, she even licked her tail. LOL)
826youcantseeme.jpg

That was alot of work....nite nite
nolizardinhere.jpg

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Zoey finally pooped!! YAY!!! :D She hasn't eaten any crickets today but I got quite a bit of baby food in her (she hasn't eaten crickets or salad since Saturday). She loves that turkey and veggies!! I got enough in her that her belly has expanded a little. Not quite to the cricket level, but this shedding has her all messed up. By the time we were done with the baby food, I was covered in it and she had it all over her mouth and chin. lol She keeps this up and I'm going to have to make her a little bib!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
awww tracey her in the shoe going nite nite is so cute, shes adorable. I love all the pictures of her. YAY for poop, at least it wasnt on you lol like Geico did to me last night. :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom