Zoey's Tales and Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess after almost 300 posts, it's time Zoey has her own thread. :) Things may be a little out of order...today is August 19th and we got her on August 1st. She was 8 weeks old at the time. She is already spoiled rotten, she has me trained better than most dogs and she has me wrapped around her little finger. She loves to mess with me but I seem to be the only one who doesn't recognize it. Some of things she has done will be repeated from other's posts because honestly they are quite comical sometimes, in hind site of course.

And there will be pics that have been taken along the way. I am going to try my best to keep it in order, but I can't promise anything! :D Hope you enjoy!!

Tracey

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Tracey, I just love Sully he's adorable!
Of course, I love Zoey as well, she's cute.
Vash has a thread as well as I was bored one afternoon xD
Got a lot of pix...but stupid Photobucket being a pain to me
right now! :lol: *sigh*
But anyway, I been following your thread as well as Nim's ^_^

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":26bfej88 said:
Hey Tracey, I just love Sully he's adorable!
Of course, I love Zoey as well, she's cute.
Vash has a thread as well as I was bored one afternoon xD
Got a lot of pix...but stupid Photobucket being a pain to me
right now! :lol: *sigh*
But anyway, I been following your thread as well as Nim's ^_^
I've been following Vash's too, very cute and I LOVE the pics!! Thank you for the compliments. :) Zoey hasn't been feeling well. Not sure what' wrong with my little one. :( She's been keeping me so busy.

Photobucket is a pain on my computer cause its sooooo slow!

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, so I've been slacking off on this thread. Well guess what? I took 56, yes I counted 56 pics today!! YAY, don't worry I won't post them all. Maybe 50 or 51. ;)

We tried putting on the harness and going outside again. I think fresh air to her is like catnip...she wants to RUN like a lunatic! When I am holding her by a hair tie, she can't go too far, as you can imagine, but she learned if she goes fast enough the harness WILL come off. Lucky for both of us, I'm faster. She has tried to outsmart me again. :?

So we went in the house. For some reason she will only stay by me. Kind of makes me wonder, when she tries to take off outside, just how far she would go before she realized I wasn't right there. If she wanted to, she could run under for behind the couch (if she could get through all the dog hair), under the TV stand or behind it. No, she won't go more than a foot away from me. lol When I put the blanket down on the tile, so she doesn't get cold, if I am there she will run over to the window (well, door. Sliding glass doors) and hang out on the ledge. I apologize for the scratched up wood. The people who lived here before us had cats. Obviously not declawed. :x

I can't post the pics, they all sideways on photobucket and I don't know how to fix them. :angry5:

Tonight before I fed her I let her out a bit. I put her on my chest, lay down on the floor and let her do what she wants. Again, she could have gotten to the couch, TV, etc, etc. Not my little girl. When she jumped off of me, I rolled over to block her from the couch. I just really have no desire to rip it all apart (it's a sectional) and I could find better things to do. So when I rolled over, I was laying on my side like a lot of us sleep. Knee bent, arm on the bottom straight out, head resting on the arm. First thing she does is meanders to the arm that is on the floor. She jumped on my arm and I thought for sure she was going under or behind the couch. Nope. She jumped up on to my head. I thought for sure she was going to poop in my hair. She hung out there for a minute (she likes to take one step then stop to think for a while) then rand down my head, my neck (man that feels weird!!!), half way down my shirt and headed for the floor. Instead of running off, she went under my leg, back again when she realized the dog was there, then crawled under my hair with her tail in my hand. lol. I figured she was in a ball, cause her tail slowly disappeared....she always forgets she has a tail, it's always sticking out. (I love when she hides and all you can see is the tail.) I knew she was getting comfy cause I could hear and feel her burrowing. So when I picked up my head a little bit, I looked down and her head was right under my face. Awwwww. :DDSo I gently pet her head and she went back to sleep (of course when I moved it woke her up). She is so funny, as long as I pet her her eyes are closed, head down, as soon as I stop the eyes open again. Maybe they don't feel love (she makes me wonder) but she feels something! She knows she is safe with me. I won't go on about how much I love her again. I think everyone already knows. :) Zoey too... :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
[unwanted comments removed by request of OP]

Now, time to reply to Tracey.

traceyb73":3qv3joqd said:
Maybe they don't feel love (she makes me wonder) but she feels something! She knows she is safe with me. I won't go on about how much I love her again. I think everyone already knows. :) Zoey too... :D

I know they feel love. Nim's love for me is on a deeper level than caretaker or feeder. He knows who I am through taste, sound, smell and he feels my heartbeat when we snuggle. I love him and he loves me, period. He is THE smartest lizard I have ever owned. His intelligence is on the same level as our conure.
Anyways, time to make some cookies! Yay! I haven't baked in a long time! :D :blob8:

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, on a lighter note...Mariah e-mailed me some pics today and one or two that I took this afternoon that aren't upside down or sideways. lol Only I could have these problems.

Zoey was staring out the window minding her own business and Sully just had to sneak over and smell her AGAIN. I know he looks like he is about to eat her, but as he snuck up on her, she moved and he got scared...that was his "OH MY GOD, IT MOVES!!" face. LOL And just for the record, I did NOT do that to her tail, she came that way. Probably has something to do with being caged with her sister before I got her. :(
ZoeySully.jpg

"Ha ha, they'll never find me now!!"
Zoeyhiding.jpg

Mariah took this one and I didn't see it until a few minutes ago. It's the only one so far with her mouth open. It's my new favorite!!
Zoeyharnesssmiling.jpg

Mariah took this one, but who can get tired of a beardie in a jammie harness??
Zoeyharness.jpg

This was the first one I took of her today. She looks innocent but she spotted something outside and was trying to figure out how to get over there to take a closer look...
01.jpg

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, sweet cute Zoey. :D Love the picture of Sully looking at her. *sigh* Got my laugh for the night. :lol:

traceyb73":2n9697so said:
TheWerewolf":2n9697so said:
He is THE smartest lizard I have ever owned. :blob8:
Ok, I have to ask...didn't you say he was your first? LOL

My first Bearded Dragon. I've had Green Anoles but don't mention them much because I was so young and we didn't care for them well. They also were hard to handle. So I got a Mississippi Map Turtle. When mom got him she thought he was a only land turtle. No, he is semi-aquatic turtle. Half land half water. But, because of what I think was bad care he didn't bask and just hibernated. But he is where he can get the proper care he needs, as I gave him to a better home last year. But I still miss my Squiggle sometimes. I also have had two Leopard Geckos before my Nim. So I'm not new to reptiles, just Bearded Dragons. :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lynnloveification":1vjf75mo said:
Awh :) its amazing how different each beardie looks from each other. Zoey is a sweet heart, very adorable!
Aw, thank you. :) They are like sweet, feisty snowflakes aren't they? :D

My little one has had some stinky poopies lately so we are going to the vet tomorrow to get a fecal done and start treatment on what i assume is coccidia (spelling). Poor little girlie. Crickets are EVIL!!!! She will be back to herself in no time. :) I hope it doesn't take long anyway. :?

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yes..along with another day comes more tormenting of me by my little angel. I guess she figured the whole princess thing was cute and all, but she was ready to graduate to being the queen. :roll: Her belly is still not right (poor baby and those potential parasites. :x ). She did eat ALOT of crickets today (thank GOD for miracles!!). For probably the first 20-25, she was devouring them before I could even put them down. A few times I thought she was just going to eat the whole tweezer thing...she was acting like I never fed her before, but hey, I love her enthusiasm!! Sooo, we get to the point where she was starting to lose interest a bit. If they did the usual song and dance routine she would eat them, but it looked like it was almost out of boredom. :roll: One got away on me and since she won't move to get it, I had to fish it out of her salad bowl, no, I had to dig it out of her baby food. Since she hasn't been feeling well, I've been offering the usual greens along with a little bit of squash baby food and a bit of the turkey and veggies. The turkey has been her favorite, but we all know how their cravings change on a day to day basis. In fact I noticed the squash had an imprint in it that was shaped like her face. hehe I love that little mouth print. It was time she was starting to eat it without me having to put some on my finger and hand feed her so by the time we were done, her entire head and neck, sometimes feet and yes even her tail one time (Istill have NO clue how that happened) and my hands were covered in the stuff. So anyway, the cricket jumped in the baby food. I figured I would offer it to her and see what happens. You know where I am going with this don't you? Yes, now her crickets must be dipped in squash, and just the right amount mind you, in order for them to be deemed edible. Ugh. Let me tell you, she needs a literal soak now. I wonder if they make beardie bibs?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
traceyb73":1s48y2vb said:
Yes, now her crickets must be dipped in squash, and just the right amount mind you, in order for them to be deemed edible.

Oh no! :lol: Too funny! She is very good at training you. I'm learning to not let Nim be a complete slave driver. I shall NOT be slaved around by my animals. And Nim is slowly learning that. But hey, at least he's not your Zoey. Tormenting you and all that. If you don't mind me laughing at that.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":tkm8nqmc said:
She is very good at training you. I'm learning to not let Nim be a complete slave driver. I shall NOT be slaved around by my animals. And Nim is slowly learning that.

Let me tell how it works...you ARE his slave, he is just smooth about it. ;)

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
traceyb73":1o87r4q1 said:
TheWerewolf":1o87r4q1 said:
She is very good at training you. I'm learning to not let Nim be a complete slave driver. I shall NOT be slaved around by my animals. And Nim is slowly learning that.

Let me tell how it works...you ARE his slave, he is just smooth about it. ;)

Oh thanks. Just when I thought I had power over him. LOL :D

Crisandre

I have a feeling that Zoey is a pampered little girl. She's such a delicate baby. Isn't funny how these little bundles of joy have us wrapped around their little fingers? I don't know who the luckiest one is: us that we got such sweet babies so we can spoil them, or them that got us ready to do anything for them? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom