Zinger's reunion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just thought I would share that I am at the library. I came here with my mother and Im out of school due to gulbladder issues. I was going to write a little book on bearded dragons and their care, but then I started looking at WWII stuff and then I just kind of sidled onto beardedragon.org. Lol, this is so sad...

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yay! The shelf liner is finally in his tank! So is a new rice sock! :lol:

He is currently recovering from his big day of no UVB or lighting because I was cutting shelf liner, boiling dishes, and baking branches. Not to mention rearranging things in his viv! This leaves me with an empty 20 gal. because he can eat in his tank now with no sand! Wonder what I'm gonna do with that......

Anyway, here are some pictures of him chillin' in his 'new' enclosure:

WOOT! I am on my hammock....A comfy place for me.
LANGAGAIN001.jpg

Zinger chillin from the top:
LANGAGAIN004.jpg

Zinger's rice sock:
LANGAGAIN002.jpg

And the whole viv:
LANGAGAIN003.jpg

Tell me what you think! Sorry the pictures are so low quality. My dad got a motorcyle a mover and a pool but won't get a new camera, lol. Anyway, he has been munchin on cilantro and lovin in!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Wow, that looks great! Zinger looks so happy in his newly decorated home. I love his little arm hanging off the hammock in that last picture. :mrgreen:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Today, I was putting a bag of crickets in the cricket keeper. I went in the bathroom to wash my hands. I finish and dry them off, but when I looked in the mirror, I got a horrified look on my face. When I saw myself, I notice a cricket hitching a ride on my shirt!! I freaked out and threw it on the sink and turned on the water full blast. After my shock had worn off, I realized I was just drowning the cricket and it was too big to go down the drain. So I picked it up by the antennae and THREW it in the cricket keeper. Oh joy, lol! :roll:

BTW: I am going to a firework festival and I am going to be selling things. Do you think it would be too loud for Zinger? He is already scared of the outdoors because if birds, but I hope it's not TOO scary...

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I entered Zinger in a Best Pet contest! No I didn't copy Jacqui! :roll: All I have to do is submit a picture and an essay of why he is the best pet. I will show you what picture I will submit as soon as I decide, but for now, I need you guys and gals to critique my essay! Here it is:

I think my bearded dragon Zinger is the "Best Pet" for a number of reasons. First of all, he is a stunning, cunning reptile with an amazing personality. He is easy to take care of, but I would own him even if he wasn't. Maybe he owns me! His personality is mostly calm, but don't let that fool you! He can be onery at times. When he isn't dangling in his hammock or basking on his log, he is cuddling with me. Even reptiles like Zinger can snuggle and express emotions! Zinger is the "Best Pet" because he picks me up when I'm down, makes me happy when I'm not, and most of all; he gives me the unconditional love of a companion. That's all that matters.

I am looking forward to seeing who won! There will be judging at the county fair and I will know the results on July 11th. Fingers crossed!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
The new house looks nice. I love that big cactus.

I hope he wins Best Pet. He's a hardworking man and he deserves it!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
When it comes to treats, some dragons like hornworms, some like strawberries, and others like anything. Zinger? He's a raspberry man! So, I was fortunate enough to find a raspberry patch in our backyard!! :blob5: I'm gonna eat a few first and make sure they are okay, but this should save us ten bucks a week!

I have not turned in the Best Pet article yet, as it's too early. :?

Unique

Hatchling Member
haleygirl272":3ed4c said:
When it comes to treats, some dragons like hornworms, some like strawberries, and others like anything. Zinger? He's a raspberry man! So, I was fortunate enough to find a raspberry patch in our backyard!! :blob5: I'm gonna eat a few first and make sure they are okay, but this should save us ten bucks a week!

I have not turned in the Best Pet article yet, as it's too early. :?

Good luck!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yesterday, Zinger turned ONE!!! Before Ioverload you with pictures, I ask you take a moment to remember Reggie, Jaqcui's dragon, who passed away this morning/last night.

Here's the pics (with more AND video to come! :blob5: ):

Basking:
Happybirthday1006.jpg

Happybirthday1007.jpg

Happybirthday1008.jpg

Happybirthday1009.jpg

Bathing!
Happybirthday1010.jpg

Happybirthday1011.jpg

For some reason, my camera deleted b-day burrito and b-day snuggle pics. :? In place of those:
Happybirthday1004.jpg

Happybirthday1005.jpg

Happybirthday1003.jpg

Happybirthday1001.jpg

Happybirthday1002.jpg

Video coming up! Keep in mind, the poor boy is shedding, so he has no stress marks, but he lost his yellowish glow. :lol:

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Happy Birthday Zinger... that comes from Fargo who turns 1 next week. :)

You need to post that sexy leg pic in the sexy leg thread.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
There are three more videos and a few more pics coming, but here's more to tide you guys over :lol: . I have to take an unexpected trip to go see fireworks, so his birthday will continue tommorow. :wink:

He started out in the sink so I sould wash him and scratch him, but then I moved him into the tub so he could play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom