Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
LOL, it looks like both Zak and Wheezie agree on something - neither of them like waking up in the morning! How cute is that??? I think someone needs to come up with caffeinated crickets for these morning grumpies. :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I decided to try some repti-carpet to see if Z&W could maybe get around easier. They sat with dad while I was working on their house.
But they were totally trying to keep an eye on me, both of them. :lol: ( I'm behind them)

100_3453.jpg

Here they are mad at mommy for changeing their house. :x
100_3467.jpg

Barbara

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
Barbara, you're photo of them in the morning made me think of another question, do they both wake up at the same time?

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Jasper's Mom":baa14 said:
I think someone needs to come up with caffeinated crickets for these morning grumpies. :lol:

I love the idea.... but how would we keep them seperate from the decaf variety? I have one that's a morning grump and one that wakes up grinning.... can you imagine some of our more hyper babies getting into the cricket lattes??? What a great visual image!!!

RosiezMom

Barbara,

Late last night, when I should've been sleeping :wink: , I was able to view the pics of Z&W! So adorable! I'm so glad that I could finally see them! I called my dh in to have a look. He was amazed. I can't believe they weren't supposed to make it past 3 mts... I think you've done an awesome job keeping them happy & healthy!!

Kudos!

Boo

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
auntylolo":c9ae9 said:
Barbara, you're photo of them in the morning made me think of another question, do they both wake up at the same time?
Not usually, Zak is the first to wake most of the time. It's been like that sense the beginning. Wheezie is just a snoozer would always prefer to be lazy and bask, nap, or snuggle. That's not to say that Wheezie doesn't get he's bursts of energy though.
Zak's the rowdy of the two, Wheezie is the lover. :lol:

Thank-you Boo!
I'm so glad that you finally got to see them!

Thank-you too Ifrit79! An anyone else that I may have missed. Like maybe "PNUT" :?:
:wave: If PNUT is out there a special good morning to her from Zak-n-Wheezie. :wave:

Barbara

Ifrit79

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":80004 said:
auntylolo":80004 said:
Not usually, Zak is the first to wake most of the time. It's been like that sense the beginning. Wheezie is just a snoozer would always prefer to be lazy and bask, nap, or snuggle. That's not to say that Wheezie doesn't get he's bursts of energy though.
Zak's the rowdy of the two, Wheezie is the lover. :lol:

Thank-you Boo!
I'm so glad that you finally got to see them!

Thank-you too Ifrit79! An anyone else that I may have missed. Like maybe "PNUT" :?:
:wave: If PNUT is out there a special good morning to her from Zak-n-Wheezie. :wave:

Barbara

I can only imagine how hard that must be for them. I mean one's lazy and one's not? I bet it makes it interesting?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ifrit79":b66d8 said:
I can only imagine how hard that must be for them. I mean one's lazy and one's not? I bet it makes it interesting?
Yeah! I'm there to constantly interact with them. It takes alot of referee..ing I try my best to help them get along. There is alot more hands on with Z&W than the normal beardies. They tend to do best when I have them out. I mean as far as being ok with one another. They pay less attention to each other when they're out, to many other things to pay attention to I imagine.
Never a dull moment! :lol:

Barbara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll bet there's never a dull moment. I've so enjoyed seeing Zak'nWheezie's pics. I especially liked the sulking after you changed their viv with reptile carpet. We upgraded Sweetie to a 40 gallon breeder (she hated her 30 gal tank) and put in reptile carpet and 1 small arch with steps and a larger one, so she could get closer to the "sun". We were expecting some sort of reaction, but she just loved it. bounced around from arch to arch, checked every single inch and settled in. We were amazed because we'd read so much about relocation stress. So that was a relief. I'm sure the boys will get used to it in no time. It's been a real charge to see all their pics. When you have a minute, maybe you can start a thread showing off your other dragons too. We've been thinking of getting another one, it's just the expense of the set up, but maybe next year when my husband gets his pension it'll be more than a thought. Take care Barbara and your wonderful beardies! Sweetie again says hi and so do we :wave: Kudos to you, master beardie slave (but aren't we all beardie slaves?) :notworthy:

Take care and hope to see more of you guys. I saw the pic in the wothless thread of you showing Zak'nWheezie to the people in the Pet Smart. They all looked entranced! Wish I lived in your are, but I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada, way north. Oh well.

Deborah and Roger

BeardieGal

Hatchling Member
Hi Barbara, I haven't been on in a while, but today I looked to see whats going on with your boys. I love this thread that you started! Thank you for sharing all of the wonderful pictures! June 14th will be an exciting day in your house! :D

Izzy001

Hatchling Member
OMG thats is ABSOULTELY AMAZING!

All i can say to you is well done. You have ob. put in alot of hard work with these beardies. :D

I hope they continue the way they are going....!!

:blob5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-You! :love5:
Deborah, Roger, and Sweetie; Z&W have adjusted to the changes in their viv. You would think that they would be use to it by now. I am constantly needing to rearrange and re-handicap their viv on a regular basis. Their viv has always been a challenge. Hides are hard to create for them because they get caught up on everything. Basking sights I've pretty much gave up on. I just ended up lowering the light. It's safer for them that way.

:wave: Hi BeardieGal! I hadn't seen you around lately. I'm so glad that you are enjoying this thread, thank-you!
And yes, we are hopeing that June 14th, is a glorious day. :blob8: :wink: :blob8:
June 14th is also my youngest sons birthday.

Barbara

Oops! Thank-you too Izzy001 :D

Ifrit79

Sub-Adult Member
I do love the "pouting" pic. It's like I can't believe she changed to repti carpet. :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
outsdr2":0b264 said:
How about a video clip? :D maybe a feeding video or bath time would be great.
Jack
The camera that we have sucks on the video setting but we will try sometime by this weekend to get another video. :D

Ifrit79":0b264 said:
I do love the "pouting" pic. It's like I can't believe she changed to repti carpet. :lol:
Yeah! I thought that one was cute. The rock that they are clinging to in that pic was one of the only things left in their viv that I didn't change. :lol: Only left it there to help hold down the repti carpet. I guess I'll have to let them keep it! :lol:

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom