Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Wow Barbara
Great thread! I absolutley love the pics.They really show their growth and development and I got a kick out of the last pic in the car.It looks like they were about to jump down and drive off into the sunset :D

Vicky

Prisma

Juvie Member
This is a great thread! I enjoyed the other thread that features (debuted?) Zak and Wheezy, too. They are an amazing animal(s), and no doubt you are quite an amazing care provider. They look like they are thriving! I'm so glad you've shared them here. :D

Hi Barbara,

You know... I just love those dragons. They are so awesome. Im so proud to have met them, and seen them in person.

For those of you who dont know.... Barbara is the best dragon lady I have ever met. She loves her babies so much. I have learned a lot from her and feel very fortunate to know her. Every time I have a question about my little girls, I know she will know what to do. (especially considering the fact that, I got them from her).

Barbara is a asset to this board. She is so knowledgable, and so kind. I love watching her talk about her dragons... her eyes light up and you can tell she really loves them and loves caring for them

Hugs to Barbara and Frank (and family)

jamesjr934

Gray-bearded Member
What an amazing story! They look so awesome...

One question if I may? Do you have to feed both heads or just one (hope thats not a rude question, isn't meant to be)?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Monica&Chandler":cc987 said:
Hi Barbara,

Hi Right Back Atcha! :wave:
Thank you that was very nice. :love5: But are you trying to make me cry? :wink:
Hugs and hello to all your family as well and special dragon hugs to Monica & Chandler.

Oh yeah! Good to see you here @ BD.org by the way thanks to everyone on this site is why I can answer your questions this is a great place to be. If I'm not mistaken I think that is was you that told me of BD.org around the time Zak-n-Wheezie hatched. Thank-You

jamesjr934":cc987 said:
One question if I may? Do you have to feed both heads or just one (hope thats not a rude question, isn't meant to be)?

No that's not a rude question. :lol: Actually that is a good question. All questions and comments are welcome.

Only one head would need to eat in order for them to survive due to their split. But....
I believe that it's important for them to be mentally happy as well.
An as part of my mission I try my best to eleviate as much of the hiercy issues, as possible, if at all possible. :?:
I feel that they both need to have the will to live in order to thrive.

Prisma":cc987 said:
This is a great thread! I enjoyed the other thread that
features (debuted?) . :D
Me too it just shows everyone how amazing and special they really are.

Thank-You Everyone!

Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I received these questions in a PM this morning and thought the answers would be good to share here. I will keep the person private sense it was asked in a PM.
( My answers are in bold)

Hello Barbara

I hope you don't mind that I am PMing you but I would just like to ask you something. Not at all! But I will also answer your question in the thread as well as here. Without useing your name of course. Sense you PMed I'll keep you private.

Now that the boys are nearly 11 months, is it safe to assume they will now live a normal, long beardie life? Dr. Wentz the only one that I personally know with experience with 2 headed creatures, says that being they've made it this far it is very possible. But what is normal for a 2-headed beardie is the question?
I mean - if they said they wouldnt live passed 3 months and that was 8 months ago - they should be ok now? I still have very great concerns about them going thru puberty and what is going to happen after their first winter shut down?

Barbara

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Barbara, and Z-n-W, of course! :D

I've done a little googling, and found some other two-headed creatures with longer survivals, including snakes up to 20 years old and Thelma and Louise, a snake with 15 normal offspring! Here are the best links from what I found. :study: :study: :study:

This article has some description of the condition and behaviors of two-headed snakes, with mentions of people at University of Tennessee, Gordon Burghardt, Harvard, Van Wallach, and Arizona State, James Badman. It might be worth attempting to contact them, although the article is six years old.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/03/0318_0319_twoheadsnake.html

This is the fossil found in China.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/12/061226-two-heads.html

This site includes a picture of Thelma and Louise, the corn snake, and Janus, the ten year old tortoise in Geneva, Switzerland.
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/ecology/two-headed-reptile-zoo/970

There is also an Australian Skink, the Shingleback lizard, Tiliqua rugosa, also known as the two-headed lizard, because it's tail greatly resembles it's head. The lizard can quickly move in either direction, confusing any predator!
http://www.waratahsoftware.com.au/wp_lizards_skinks.html
http://www.coolcompanions.com.au/animalfacts/shingle.php

I will continue to post more as I find them. :wave:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you lizardgrrl!
Every scince we were blessed with Z&W we have also searched around I'll have to cross reference the ones that you found and try to find all of the ones that I have found in the past 11 months, to share with you as well. We have also been contacted by several collectors of 2-headed things and numerous side show people.( Now that's where you can find alot of them from they are famous for hunting them out.) :lol: Here's another tid-bit my latest offer for Z&W was $75,000 of course I turned it down. Some may not believe it... and some may say I'm crazy. :lol:

Barbara

MissT

BD.org Addict
Its so nice to see they are doing so well.... iv never actually commented on them before but they look absolutely stunning - and a real hit with the kids!!! I remember reading about them on here before I joined and seeing negative comments about their chances but its wonderful to see just how well they have done with your love and care over the last year!!! Well done and good luck with them!!

T

spyder79

Extreme Poster
i have a question about them. first off i want to say what an amazing pet to have. i applaud your effort at getting them this far. my question is do they basically have the same personality and whatnot or is it like having two completely seperate dragons in a smaller package? also do they fight?

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Barbara,

Glad you liked these, and I wouldn't sell my child either! There seem to be a lot of myth and game references also, and among some Buddhists, a two-headed lizard is considered a symbol of good luck, although I haven't been able to retrace that link! But I really like that idea! :laughing6:

In peace,
MaryAnn

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
spyder79":220e9 said:
i have a question about them. first off i want to say what an amazing pet to have. i applaud your effort at getting them this far. my question is do they basically have the same personality and whatnot or is it like having two completely seperate dragons in a smaller package? also do they fight?

First off Thank-You!
I don't know if you read the original thread started back in June of last year by someone else or not.... if not the link is in my first post of this thread.
To answer your questions yes they each have their own individual personality, likes and dislikes. So yes it is like haveing 2 in 1.They do not fight per say but they do argue alot. :)

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom