Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
How much support have you gotten from vets? I know initially the vet (or someone else... I can't remember) didn't think they would make it to 3 months... have they changed their tune or are they still skeptical? Will the puberty mark really be the defining line? I noticed their backbone (where I'm guessing they are conjoined) seems to be peaking as they get older. Where it didn't seem noticable when they were hatched, it seems to be getting more and more defined. Does this seem to slow them down at all? Do the vets think this will continue and/or hinder them later?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
We all can't get enough of your stories and pics, Barbara. No one realizes the joy we all get from our beardies except those on this site, there may be a few people who graciously listen, smile, and say "that's nice", knowing well they are really ready to :puke: . So keep us updated, and we will wish you all well, you and yours. :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
supertrisha":f3ab3 said:
How much support have you gotten from vets?
Actually not as much as you would imagine it took us a long time to find a vet in our area willing to see them. Maybe they were scared or possibly thought that I was prank calling when I would inquire about scheduleing an appointment for Zak-n-Wheezie my 2-headed bearded dragon. Now Dr. Wentz has been my biggest means of support as far as vets have gone until Dr. Kahler. I still talk to Dr. Wentz monthy to get answers and keep him updated. He is the only one I personally know that is experienced with 2 headed reptiles. I'm in California and he is all the way in St Luis, MO., or he would be Z&W vet.
I know initially the vet (or someone else... I can't remember) didn't think they would make it to 3 months... have they changed their tune or are they still skeptical?
Actually that comment came from several places Dr. Wentz was one. But that is because normally a 2-headed beardie won't live passed 3 months. As you may have noticed there has been several that passed around that age if they even made it that far. Dr. Wentz has always relayed his astonishment to me. He always praises us on doing such a great job. He's not sure what it is that we are doing that has made such a difference but at the same time always tell me to keep it up.
Will the puberty mark really be the defining line?
Really don't know! So far so good with the hiercy issue.To us it's just another hurdle but yes I'm alittle scared because we have been doing well for several months without to awefully much fear.
I noticed their backbone (where I'm guessing they are conjoined) seems to be peaking as they get older. Where it didn't seem noticable when they were hatched, it seems to be getting more and more defined. Does this seem to slow them down at all?
Yes your right it does stand out more as they get older but this is common with several different species w/2 heads. And no it doesn't affect them or slow them down. I'm more concerned with the scoliosis in their lower spin.
Do the vets think this will continue and/or hinder them later?
They really don't know. This is one of the disadvantages of being kinda like the first there is really not much help out there. If they are the oldest living one then what do they have to compare to.

And Thank-you beardie osk!

Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
edd12345":c633e said:
did you bye zak and wheezie from those ppl on the vidieo and are they both males
I'm not sure of what people your referring to? I think you might mean the guy from the pet store that was on the news video. But anyway no I did not buy Z&W they hatch out of our incubator from our beardies. :mrgreen:

There is only one set of sexual organs. But :dontknow: I would assume being that they both flair up, blacken their beards, and bob violently at one particular female I'd think that it would be save to say "yes". :wink:
I was just thinking that....
I have never been asked this question, but for some reason I feel it coming. I'm saying I would ask. :)
How many oddities did I hatch?
Zak-n-Wheezie were the only oddity in their clutch. :blob8: :blob8:

Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
outsdr2":b13a2 said:
An amazing duo! may i ask how you came up with the names? Thanks for sharing. :D
Jack
Jack I am a mother of 6 my oldest being 26, a grandmother of 6 as well. Dragon Tales have always been a favorite in our house. That is a childrens cartoon that has been around for them all. In this cartoon there is a 2 headed dragon character named ......
Looove it! :love5: It was OOh so befitting. Made me real popular with the grandchildren. :laughing6:

Barbara

Oops! Thank-you!

edd12345

Hatchling Member
i have neaver meet anyone who had a bd like that and survived so your preety lucky and do a good job taking care of them keep at it

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
edd12345":06871 said:
i have neaver meet anyone who had a bd like that and survived so your preety lucky and do a good job taking care of them keep at it
Thank-you!
And I will! :headbang:

Barbara

Elaina

Juvie Member
fresnowitteAn yet here I sit typing away with a sink full of dishes. :wink: [/quote said:
Oh..is that why I couldn't get to the coffee pot this morning? :dontknow: :laughing6:

Too bad you aren't closer- if you could use that vet in St. Louis, I'd have to stalk you..its not that far for me :mrgreen:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Elaina":b876b said:
Oh..is that why I couldn't get to the coffee pot this morning? :dontknow: :laughing6:

Too bad you aren't closer- if you could use that vet in St. Louis, I'd have to stalk you..its not that far for me :mrgreen:
:laughhard: :help: :laughing6:

And as if a sink full of dishes is't bad enough.... my landlord just call to inform me that they are doing a walk thru inspection on Friday. Ooh...shoot! It's a good thing that I can perform well under pressure. Because more than my dishes are behind. :oops: :lol:

Barbara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations for such a great job! They look so healthy and I love the pic of the black beards. The pictures are all great. Thanks for showing their growing up pics. Our Sweetie (who's 2) says hi guys, glad you're doing so well, healthy and happy. Keep up the good work and send us a pic once in awhile to keep us all updated. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sweetiepie9!
I'm chargeing the batteries for the camera right now! :wink:
Zak-n-Wheezie, Junior, RD, Ms. Tiggs, Ms. Piggy, and Checker's say hi back to your Sweetie. :wave:
Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Every morning I wake up, start the coffee, and check on Z&W. This is an example of what I see every morning.

100_3435.jpg

100_3436.jpg

100_3437.jpg

100_3439.jpg

100_3440-1.jpg

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom