You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
...When the power goes out for 2 hours, and the first thought is "Oh, no, the basking light! She's going to be cold!" (Beardie in question, of course, was perfectly happy to just go to bed early. :roll: We got home, and she was already sound asleep. I dragged her outside to get a little evening sun. I'm so mean.)

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Thats my second thought, with the first being the filter for the turtle.
i spend more time making the beardies salad rhan i do my own meal.
and i skip breakfast cause i spend so long making hers

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
When you and your son are racing to be the first to get the mail....he's waiting on a Game-fly game and you are waiting for repti-worms!!

Cnochur

Hatchling Member
you have to keep explaining to people that you don't WANT a friggin' dog.

you lose all sympathy for crickets despite your Buddhist upbringing.

you want to sue PetCo for animal cruelty.

you recognize a wide range of emotions in an unmoving reptilian face.

you think it's normal for someone to occasionally remove their skin.

your entire camera is full of pictures like this:
Khali512002.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Cnochur":14owq5vr said:
you think it's normal for someone to occasionally remove their skin.
:laughhard:

YKYLWBW . . . You sacrifice a night's sleep to ensure that your baby girl will be ok.

You spend a half-hour in the produce section picking out the very best they have to offer for your dragon's dinner...and grab whatever bag of salad is there for your own dinner.

And not sure if Beardies are this bad, but when we had guinea pigs, we had to unbag stuff on the porch and carry it in, else he'd scream bloody murder until you gave him a fistful of 'goodies'. >.<

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
ykylwbw you want to kick the animal control officer in the teeth because they havnt done anything to save this poor thing
craigslist.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:shock: OMG!!! :shock:

:cry: :evil: :cry: :cry: :evil: :cry: :cry: That is so sad...very heartbreaking. :cry: :cry: :evil: :cry: :cry: :evil: :cry:
:evil: Somebody needs to get kick somewhere for neglecting that poor beardie like that. :evil:
:evil: :evil: And then again, an again, an again!!!! :evil: :evil:

YKYLWBW...
1) If that pic makes you cry :cry: and very anger. :evil:
2) If your spouse...whom rarely touches veggies himself is willing to be taught how to pic out the best greens and butternut squashes. :headbang:

3) When you look forward to Spring and Summer because there's more variety of fruits and veggies and a good amount of these your family won't even eat or have never tried yourself. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
UKWULWB-their food covers a good 1/2 of the fridge....you seem to understand what they want, when they're annoyed with you (for insufficient cuddling!) and seem to lead me around by my nose. When your instinct is so keen after living with beardies for 5 years, that you know their personalities so well that you know when one of our brood is "off", not feeling well, before anything shows. Plus they just run our lives, ocmpletely.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
...You get so obsessed with bathroom habits that you find yourself dreaming about dragon poo. (Weirdest dream - for some reason, I had Wave out by a lake. And she did this monster poo with superworms that were, indeed, super in it - like, longer than she was. And still alive. :puke: And they were trying to... go into the lake, I think? So weird. Fortunately, my alarm went off right about then, and I woke up thinking, "Why in the world would I feed her something that huge?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom