You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, wow. :shock: Our dog will go after cats, so we keep her inside, or keep her on a leash. Way to show how to responsibly own a dog, dude... :(

Our next-door neighbors are awesome and have a son the same age as our daughter, so we're over there all the time. The kids think Wave is the most fascinating thing in the world. I love it!

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
They dont walk him on a leash or a harness, and if you look in its eyes itll get vicious. But the night it tried to attack my mom she wasnt even looking at it, and she barely got in the house before it got there. Now we have these long scratches in the paint on the front door. Its actually so scary we have had to talk about what we do if it attacks my four year old brother or our pets.

How old is your daughter?

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Might want to ask about animal control laws in your area - ask the police or a local humane society. A lot of places have something along the lines of the "one bite" rule - a dog is allowed one second chance if it bites a human, but if he bites again, that's it. You shouldn't have to live in fear of someone else's irresponsibility!

She's 14 months old. :) Wave is the first thing she wants to see in the morning - pointing, and saying "Lazar lazar lazar."

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Oh, i remember when my brother AJ was 14 months. That was when he found out he has a really good aim, lol.
We have checked into ways to get rid of the dog, but basically we were told they cant do anything till he bites again, though. But i'll kill it if it attacks my brother, sad to say.
Who wouldve thought a chocolate lab/terrier would be that mean! And its not huge, comes up to my middle thigh, or my brothers stomach.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
BindiBoo":33v7ii5w said:
Oh, i remember when my brother AJ was 14 months. That was when he found out he has a really good aim, lol.

:lol: Yeaaaaaah, they start to learn all sorts of ways to get into trouble at around that age!

We have checked into ways to get rid of the dog, but basically we were told they cant do anything till he bites again, though. But i'll kill it if it attacks my brother, sad to say.
Who wouldve thought a chocolate lab/terrier would be that mean! And its not huge, comes up to my middle thigh, or my brothers stomach.

Good example of why breed-specific laws are ridiculous. :( I'm sorry that they can't do anything to help you right now. Maybe the jerk who owns him will decide he's too much trouble and give him up... If he lets his dog behave that way without any attempts on his part to control it, doesn't sound like he would be particularly heartbroken to give him up.

HATE irresponsible owners. :banghead:

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
I just dont understand how of the three adults living there (husband/wife + roomate) none of them can see how dangerous he is.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
see more people get bit by more labs and such than pitbulls it makes me SOO angry my pitbull is the sweetest dog ever

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Well-raised pits = amazing, loyal, sweet, loveable dogs. And such licking machines! :love5:

To get back on topic... YKYLWBW you spend more time in the evening preparing fresh food for your roaches, superworms, crickets, etc., than you do fixing your own dinner.

...Or when the woman at Petsmart remembers you because "you're the one that bought that terrarium! That's the biggest one I've ever sold!"

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You are known by some people as 'The lizard lady'. One such woman called you and asked you if you wanted her beardie that the son wasn't taking care of him. The lizard you took was renamed "Speedy Gonzales" because of her speed (you found the "him" was really a "her"). You now also call her 'Goldie' because of her unique golden yellow coloring.

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Lol lizard lady:)
The teachers at my school dump all their extra reptile stuff on me. Like i just got a new 50 gallon cause of my beardie popularity at school:)

beardie parents":2uejc67g said:
You are known by some people as 'The lizard lady'.

I can certainly relate to this! :) My lizard/dragon/gecko people call me "LizardLady" (hence the username) and my snake/python people call me the "Snake Whisperer"!

Originality reigns supreme here in Oz! :wink:

Best,
Carolyn

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YKYLWBW . . . You have to keep track of who last visited their grandparents so everyone got a turn :roll:

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Whew! This thread is long so sorry if I repeat but....

you know you're living with beardies when you can't fall asleep until 11:00 on a work night because you are terrified the new timer won't shut off the lights....AND you have to run downstairs to check as soon as the clock says 11.

hana93

YKYLWBW: You spazz out when you realize that you're out of crickets in your house.

Like today for me. I'm like "WHERE ARE THE CRICKETS!" and my brother goes, "we ran out yesterday". :!: :shock:
Crap. :banghead: For other people it's like "Finally, the exterminator came and got rid of all the ______ (crix, ants, etc) for beardie owners it's like I NEED MORE!

I love being a beardie owner :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom