You know your a beardie slave when…

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsyB

....you don't plan a vacation because you don't know anyone or trust anyone that can care for your beardie.
....you send updated pictures to the "grandparents" so they can see how much he's grown.
....you have to stop what you are doing at lights out to say goodnight and blow him a kiss!
....you consider setting up a camera that will let you watch him while you are at work!

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
PatsyB":1d3pa5mh said:
....you consider setting up a camera that will let you watch him while you are at work!

Has anyone actually done this? I've definitely considered setting up a camera just to see what he does all day when i'm away ahhaha

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
When you wear your new "broach" while shopping for books. :p

You go to the store to get feeders and come back out with new tank items.

You have a bin of roaches in your home.

PatsyB

Dreamwritten":3am2is1t said:
PatsyB":3am2is1t said:

Has anyone actually done this? I've definitely considered setting up a camera just to see what he does all day when i'm away ahhaha

Ha! We haven't but were just talking about it the other day. It would be great if the camera had an app so we could watch on our cell phones!

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
PatsyB":3lr21cka said:
Dreamwritten":3lr21cka said:
PatsyB":3lr21cka said:

Ha! We haven't but were just talking about it the other day. It would be great if the camera had an app so we could watch on our cell phones!
Someone on here does do that

There are sites, like ustream, that you can view from your phone.

wmwelch

When your beardies and iguana have their own mini fridge just for their veggies. When your beardies also have a wine cooler just for their worms, and you have multiple bins of dubias and superworms for them to eat. When the first thing you do when you wake up is to go check on your beardie kids. When most pictures on your phone are of your lizards, and your mother gets regular text messages containing pics of her grand lizards.

Wendy

PatsyB

....when at feeding time YOU are the one hunting the crickets because he will only eat what walks in front of him!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
You know you are a beardie slave when;
You plan on making a 'cake' out of babyfood, fruits and bugs for your beardie's first birthday.
Your birthday wishlist is mostly filled with items for your dragon.
You freak out because you aren't going to be home in time to snuggle your beardie and tuck him in.
You still freeze and cut up the crickets even though he's big enough to eat them whole.
You plan your outings around the beardie's schedule so he can still eat at the same times.
You put your finger in the way so your beardie doesn't eat a strange bug. Which gives you nice bite mark on your finger for a week.
And, when your mom says you 'worship' the beardie because you do all these things for him.

Gosh, I am a beardie slave, aren't I? Nim sure has trained me well, LOL. And I also do a few of the things people have already mentioned. My, these creatures sure know how to use the whip, LOL. :p

morphmom

BD.org Addict
You know you are a beardie slave when,
You have only one person child, but you feel guilty about your BD being the only one and set out to find the perfect brother or sister :p

Momswims1

Juvie Member
OK. I am guilty of all the above...the blankets, the totes, baby talk, singing, etc, BUT I have not yet read a bedtime story to my beardies.
Is there a story you recommend? Maybe Yertle the Turtle? Jungle Book? :study:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Momswims1":15cbz6t0 said:
Is there a story you recommend? Maybe Yertle the Turtle? Jungle Book?
The Franklin the turtle Series! There's so many, and so many different animals. Though, Yertle is my favorite turtle :wink:

PatsyB

We haven't read him bed time stories but have come home from the zoo or the pet store telling stories to both him and our 3 frogs!

....we've also named his stuffed animal, it's a pink hippo named Persephanie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom