Would this work for uvb & full spectrum fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lubecki23

Original Poster
charmander16":178tly3l said:

I like how sleek the zoo med one is. What would be the added benefits of that one? I would definitely pay more money for it if its worth it. Also, do you keep on both the red and blue led during the day? I know both are off at night but it looked a bit confusing with having the different switches for the colors.

It looked like you were going to say something else but didnt finish too. Thank you for your help!

charmander16

Juvie Member
Yeah, accidentally hit post. I think the one you linked has two fluorescent bulbs, correct?

There are few options for T5 full spectrum bulbs and they will need to be replaced about once a year. The LEDs will last 5 to 10 years and will cover a broader spectrum. Plus those red lights will make growing plants better if you have plants in your enclosure.

I'm assuming your plan is to have 1 UVB bulb and one full spectrum light. Correct?

With the LED one, you would probably have the blue lights off most of the time. Unfortunately the blue lights on on a switch, instead of a separate power cord, so you can't put them on their own timer, but it's fine, there are no separate night lights on the other fixture either.

Lubecki23

Original Poster
charmander16":rytq0vg0 said:
Yeah, accidentally hit post. I think the one you linked has two fluorescent bulbs, correct?

There are few options for T5 full spectrum bulbs and they will need to be replaced about once a year. The LEDs will last 5 to 10 years and will cover a broader spectrum. Plus those red lights will make growing plants better if you have plants in your enclosure.

I'm assuming your plan is to have 1 UVB bulb and one full spectrum light. Correct?

With the LED one, you would probably have the blue lights off most of the time. Unfortunately the blue lights on on a switch, instead of a separate power cord, so you can't put them on their own timer, but it's fine, there are no separate night lights on the other fixture either.

Yeah i would replace both bulbs in the aquasun fixture and replace with a reptisun 10.0 ho and a full spectrum, i think i saw that you recommended a few in another post. So with the led fixture I would only have the red light on? I thought red light was bad, or is the light white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom