Who else let their beardie sleep with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
I want to, but I am always afraid that one of us might roll on her and squish her. :(
That and she might poop in the bed. >_>

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There was just such a thread here about a year ago in the beardie tales forum. The owner rolled over + smothered her dragon while sleeping.....she was devastated. Her warning ? Never, never never sleep with the beardie in your bed.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I do, but only because none of mine move during sleep, and I'm a very light sleeper and very aware of sounds and touch. I can also sleep in one position all night if there's someone else in the bed with me (dog or beardie).

However, if you're one of those who tosses all night, then I wouldn't recommend it.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine always slept in my bed. I have a size full size bed, and funny enough I sleep one side and my beardie sleeps the other side :lol:
But other then being a light sleeper, I will usually wake up at anytime of the night and give my beardie a kiss on the head, and he dreams happily! :)
I am reading all your comments, and yes I was scared too at first, but when I got a bigger bed, I gave my beardie one side of the bed and I get the other. I feel like I am married to a lizard :lol: :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I do also & have for years. I normally don't recommend it either unless you are a light sleeper & don't move in your sleep. :D

Tracie

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
My deal is I used to twist and turn alot in my sleep, but I don't anymore. The thing is, I am a really heavy sleeper most of the time, and I tend to be violent when I am half woken up (I've punched my brother dead in the face before when he woke me up. Good thing my parents were in the room). Course, that's only when someone won't stop poking me, trying to wake me up.
That plus with the way I sleep, Diablo would probably be up and about while I asleep. >_>

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tracie, I do twist and turn a little, but I am a light sleeper. Lizarto, loves to sleep with me! :)
RampagingRaptor, what if your beardie runs to you and poked you with its head. (You know how beardie run bang on to things somehow) :lol:
But yes, here is my lizard sleeping, it's so precious how they sleep!
82276-9191164523.jpg

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
This is really a bad idea IMO. If you must do this, consider putting the dragon in a lined basket and securing the basket so it can't move should you accidentally hit it in your sleep.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
DaisyDragon123":25i8h4hf said:
This is really a bad idea IMO. If you must do this, consider putting the dragon in a lined basket and securing the basket so it can't move should you accidentally hit it in your sleep.
Been doing it for a year! He has never moved at all! He gets comfy and wiggles to sleep. Other then that. I tell my lizard good night, and kissed his head and he falls instantly a sleep, or he sleeps when I close my eyes. :)
And like I Said I am a light sleeper! :)

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not worried about the dragon moving but you moving.

The basket is for the dragon's protection should his human move and forget he is there or has a restless night with tossing and turning. It provides a barrier between you and tha dragon.

If you ever watch footage from sleep studies you will see that people do move during sleep but often times don't remember moving.

Better safe than sorry.

SDragons

Juvie Member
I can't tell you how many time I have had this conversation over the years.... But back then it was on our babies not a beardie. Lol. As a Mum, I am a very light sleeper but I never slept with my baby, so of course we don't have our animals sleep in our beds. I worry too much something would happen.

If someone wanted to sleep with their BD, they may want to use a co-sleeper or something to provide separation from a person and their animal to prevent an accident.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
I will say, I dont recommend this behavior under any circumstances. With that being said , if you have a large bed, or are an extremely light sleeper, it is your choice to make, just keep in mind were anything to go wrong, you would have to live with that. It is a definite no with me. I have 3 dogs , and i sometimes allow the smaller of the 3 to sleep with me, a pitbull and a boxer, and im constantly waking up cause i rolled over onto one or bumped into one. Even if i was positive i could stay on my side , i would still be worried the beardie would run and snuggle up underneath me , as all my beardies ive ever had have enjoyed this.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've been known to doze off sitting on the lounge with Puff or Rex resting on my tummy and chest while giving them a nice long snuggle (usually under my t-shirt or inside under on the very loose fitting baggy sleeves of my fav fleecy hoody).
Puff was in heaven when he had a daddy snuggle, and now Rex who used to be our crazy lizard loves her daddy snuggles and will happily stay put on my tummy and chest for hours when the mood takes her for hours (the usual thing that breaks the snuggle time is daddy needing a visit to relieve himself.

Similarly with George or Mildred (both very solid and large adult bluetongue skinks) and dosed off occasionally with Wriggles (very light and small water skink) snuggling and asleep in my open up turned hand or on my tummy snuggled into my elbow.

Yes all mine are terribly spoilt, and it wont be long before Peppa and Toothless are getting the special daddy treatment .... I'm sure Rex will NOT BE AMUSED when they start getting long daddy snuggle sessions and her time is cut back.

Would I take a lizard to bed with me ? only for a visit in the am, too much risk of them being suffocated my one of us rolling over.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardieLover232":d6n04o7k said:
Tracie, I do twist and turn a little, but I am a light sleeper. Lizarto, loves to sleep with me! :)
RampagingRaptor, what if your beardie runs to you and poked you with its head. (You know how beardie run bang on to things somehow) :lol:
But yes, here is my lizard sleeping, it's so precious how they sleep!
82276-9191164523.jpg

Lizarto is looking very comfy and contented and peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom