Making a break for it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was messing with Snickers yesterday evening and heard Sweet Pea making a fuss behind me. When I turned around to check on her, the lil chit had somehow opened her habitat and was halfway out. I caught her just as she bailed out. It's about 4 foot to the floor. It's really thick carpet so I think she would have been ok but still. I caught her in the same corner clawing at the door this morning. I guess I'm going to have to put a lock on her habitat. I swear they never stop finding ways to make me worry.
Has anyone else had problems with their beardie opening their habitats?

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I was messing with Snickers yesterday evening and heard Sweet Pea making a fuss behind me. When I turned around to check on her, the lil chit had somehow opened her habitat and was halfway out. I caught her just as she bailed out. It's about 4 foot to the floor. It's really thick carpet so I think she would have been ok but still. I caught her in the same corner clawing at the door this morning. I guess I'm going to have to put a lock on her habitat. I swear they never stop finding ways to make me worry.
Has anyone else had problems with their beardie opening their habitats?
How did she manage to do this? 😲 I thought the doors were heavy enough for the dragons to move it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
How did she manage to do this? 😲 I thought the doors were heavy enough for the dragons to move it.
I would have thought so as well.
She wasn't successful this morning, so I'm guessing it was cracked open just enough that she got her foot or nose between the door and wall 🤔

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I think she was just jelly that she was not the object of Sinatra's affections and she desperately wanted to break out to increase her chance to be swooned..
Last time I tried to pair them up she beat him up lol 😆

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It's been a while, the first time Christina put him in Sweet Peas habitat and she went berserk on him. The 2nd time I put them both on the floor but Sweet Pea still roughed him up lol. (I think he is scared of her) lol 😆

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
It's been a while, the first time Christina put him in Sweet Peas habitat and she went berserk on him. The 2nd time I put them both on the floor but Sweet Pea still roughed him up lol. (I think he is scared of her) lol 😆
Poor Sinatra, it was a blow to his pride

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Poor Sinatra, it was a blow to his pride
It wounded for sure, Snickers striped him of all of it the first time he met her. She literally chased him out the doggy door. Luckily it was cold and caught him off guard and he stopped running. Otherwise he might still be running to this day lmao. 🤣 😂

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
It wounded for sure, Snickers striped him of all of it the first time he met her. She literally chased him out the doggy door. Luckily it was cold and caught him off guard and he stopped running. Otherwise he might still be running to this day lmao. 🤣 😂
How does Snickers feel about Sinatra when you place them in a beardie stack? Are they trying to fight?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
How does Snickers feel about Sinatra when you place them in a beardie stack? Are they trying to fight?
No, as long as he isn't trying to mate with her she will snuggle with him. Even if he is trying to mate, the females test the male, if the male can't dominate they won't let them mate. She is double his size lol 😆 He does hold his own with her now though, I hope to get a successful pairing there soon also.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
(I dont like these stories :cry: but no one touched Ruby so I guess we are okay:LOL:)

If you recall, Rocky used to open his enclosure all of the time. He would glass surf until he has a crack then open it and go for it. I would hear his little feet on the floor or he would come into the room I was in like, "YOU HEARD ME KNOCKING!"-
He doesnt do it anymore (as I am trained to let him out) but yes, it was scary as he had no problem dropping 4 feet onto a hardwood floor. He's tough. I bought a ramp, put pillows down and he still went for the floor. He's FORD TOUGH-
Now, I purchased a lock and Ruby's enclosure comes with a lock but why would I want to lock them up? They arent animals!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I do remember Rocky doing that. They are way smarter than people think. I think we are are just plain lucky they tend to be lazy lol otherwise we'd be chasing them all the time lmao 🤣

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom