Which solar meter do I need ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argam1998

Which meter is more necessary to have the 6.5 reptile UVI meter or the 6.2 uvb lamp meter.

Also what’s the best UVI reading for a bearded dragon. Iam using T5 12% uvb with reflector

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Don’t quote me but I think coopedragon told me once the 6.5 was better comparing uvb output from different bulbs and to check a bulb for output and see how much decay the bulb has had. That way you can keep using the bulb until it’s stops producing useful uvb. A lot of the high quality uvb last much longer than a year.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They both do slightly different things, but either will work. I prefer to have the 6.5 to measure UVI which makes comparison to natural sunlight more straightforward. It will also measure the decay of a bulb over time. I like to have a UVI of around 3-6 in the basking area with a gradient down to <1 in other parts of the enclosure to provide plenty of options. With a T5 12% w/reflector you should hit that range at around 12-14'' or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom