URI I think we caught it early enough. Update: spoke to a friend of mine, who runs a reptile rescue and got him back into the exotic that yesterday, b

Glamamama

Hatchling Member
I have been dealing with gaping for a while now and progressive fatigue. We’ve had labs done. We’ve had radiographs. Spent a ton at exotic vet. Definitely had the azuros high and white count was on the high side. The exotic vet kept barking at the cardiac possibilities based on the radiographs, but the gaping continued to get worse, and I was starting to see stringy saliva spoke to a friend of mine, who runs a reptile rescue and got him back into the exotic vet yesterday, because based on her views of his life videos, she felt it we were looking at a URI. Vet agreed it was reasonable, and we started him on third generation cephalosporin Ceftiofur 200mg / ml 100ML 200 mg / ml q 7 days x 4 weeks. I am shocked to see improvement already today. Performance status better keeping minimal gulping minimal. Basking more readily and more alert and appears more comfortable. How can this response be so quick for a reptile? I am perplexed I was not expecting to see response before at least a week. Has anyone ever seen such a quick response?

WBC 20,291 high heterophils 7622 and normal azurophils? Back in June is a azurophils were high and also white count count elevated. CXR shows slightly enlarged cardiac but within normal limits. Husbandry 100% Reptisun strip changed every six months I have a solar meter. His basking temperature is run from like 99 till like 102 humidity stays under 30%. I have a dehumidifier in the house. He gets great greens and vegetables. He’s six years old every day collard greens, mustard, greens, turnip, greens, dandelion, greens, arugula, escarole, chicory, little bit of butternut squash, green squash, yellow squash sugar snap pea here and there gets Repashy calcium with LoD, twice a month and plain calcium no D no magnesium twice a week. About 2 dubia large ones twice a week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 71476841174__6897B6B8-0DCB-40F3-9CDE-E95283295FB0.MOV
    3.8 MB
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I don't know about the medical stuff, but I'm glads it's working 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom